Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
most care heets I have read ay about pinks, yeh its a treat, Tombraider do you feed em live pink or F/T?

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
the one in that vid was alive.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
I think :?

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeh looked it lol , il try this when my leo's are older , do you buy them frozen or live ? :?

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
i buy 4 a month from the pet shop frozen, 1 each for the beardies and one for the fat tail. I always have a good rummage for the smallest ones and make sure no legs have fallen off because i feel too sorry for the ones with snapped off legs lol

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
probably, some one on the site was selling them live before, but only for no feeders! but you can breed you own like Nige does i think. Then feed em alive.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
i feed my male leo pinkies about once a month or so but i couldnt feed live and that one was alive.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
they are most likely bred specifically to feed as livefood. I think its worse when people buy them from pet stores to just feed. If your going to do it u should breed ur own and they shouldnt be fed live from over fuzzy size. thats my view on it anyway.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
yes, I agree with that Blazey.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
we have 8 little rats at the mo, when they where chunky fuzzies i wanted to feed them to the boscs but i couldnt do it now, they all have their little personalities and such.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
i agree, but i cabt see why you'd want to feed live, but thats your choice. steve (WD) gets a pinkie every couple of weeks, but he'll only take it if its wiggled with forceps, no fingers, and he wont touch it if its still!

if you want to feed a gecko live, and breed your own, be prepared for alot of mice. you' only feed one a month, and they will have a litter of 6-12 every 40days ish, so you'd need to find homes/stomachs for 5-10 pinkies each month.

much easier to buy frozen from a pet shop-cheaper also, no food, cage, substrate or bedding for frozen!

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
For people with many other reptiles it would cut down costs though. I would like to do it but i also have a pet mouse and would feel mean if he got eaten.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
not if you have a load of snakes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts