Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our tokay, Seth, has somehow gotten out of his viv!
My bf came round to my house last night (the animals live at his flat) and he is 100% sure that the viv doors were completely shut and they were unable to get out!!!
How could this have happened??
So I have come to the conclusion that he got out between 7pm last night and 1pm this afternoon, only thing is the windows were left open - they are usually shut but whe left them open so the cresties didnt get too hot!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hes still missing, we have only just noticed, we thought he was asleep in his hide!!
hes also not very quite so we would have heard him!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I think you may need to put posters up around the area - not only to find him, but to warn people he will bite. Hope you find him, for your sake and for some innocents sake.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we live on the 8th floor in a tower block if he got out the window i dont think he would of survived long :(

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Was the viv definately closed when you realised he was missing? Does anyone have access to the flat that could have let him out? Maybe as a joke that went wrong???? Have you checked everywhere in the viv, to be sure he is not hiding? What set up do you have? Was it locked? Maybe if you describe your set up we can give a few suggestions.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
we live on the 8th floor in a tower block if he got out the window i dont think he would of survived long :(
Have you checked around the base of the building?
Have you checked around the ceilings of the building, like on the balcony's and walkways?

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no one has acess to the flat only me and my bf have keys and he was round mine last nite. 2ft viv took everything out not there. it looks like he has pushed underneath the lightbulb guard and pushed the plastic cover off at the back and came through. no sign of him :((((

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you checked around the base of the building?
Have you checked around the ceilings of the building, like on the balcony's and walkways?

yes checked everywhere no sign of him i dont recon he would of gone near the window it was windy and cold out

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
dont give up hope.He is probably hiding somewhere.Have you checked curtains,blinds and anything that is climbable? I would leave each door to the flat closed and have a listen tonight.If you sit in the dark you may hear movement if you are quiet.Try each room.I bet hes hiding.:2thumb:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes his a rite :censor: bag 2nd time this week found him straight away first time heard him bark. il have a more thorough look 2mrw shut all the windows and everything for now i hope his ok

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
dont give up hope.He is probably hiding somewhere.Have you checked curtains,blinds and anything that is climbable? I would leave each door to the flat closed and have a listen tonight.If you sit in the dark you may hear movement if you are quiet.Try each room.I bet hes hiding.:2thumb:
i agree just be careful if moving around in dark, and as he usually noisy when it dark u shud hear him, i will keep my fingers crossed for ya x

·
Registered
101 Posts
would it work to leave some form of heat out in the flat and maybe some food in a bowl or somthing, might give you an idea of where he is

·
Registered
442 Posts
Look up the insides of any curtains, bed sheets, anywhere with a little nook or cranny or fold that he might sneak into.

These have sticky feet right? Could he have been clinging onto something that you took out of the viv and you didnt notice him?

Good luck, hope he turns up!!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks guys...once the bf gets up were gona rip the flat apart in an attempt to find him!
will update you all once the flat has been ripped up!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
thanks guys...once the bf gets up were gona rip the flat apart in an attempt to find him!
will update you all once the flat has been ripped up!
Good luck guys and hope you find the little bugger.xx

1 - 20 of 29 Posts