Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lusting after one of these beautiful snakes for years and I finally caved before christmas and got this gorgeous boy from the lovely guys at L'N'D Exotics, he arrived last night and is oh so pretty in the flesh!! He does have a proper "reptile" hide in his tank as well but as you can see from the pics he preferred to take up residence in the hamster house :lol2: I will post better pics up once he's had a chance to settle in properly but I quickly snapped these earlier as I couldn't resist the chance to show him off lol So here's my gorgeous little Suriname, hope you like...

He doesn't have a name yet either so any suggestions welcome!! :)

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Yay! I have a male from the same clutch coming in two weeks!! Yours is gorgeous. One question - how big is he? I can't work out how big mine is going to be, so if they're from the same clutch they'll be roughly the same size!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aw.....he looks lovely :)

Yay! I have a male from the same clutch coming in two weeks!! Yours is gorgeous. One question - how big is he? I can't work out how big mine is going to be, so if they're from the same clutch they'll be roughly the same size!
Ahh you'll have one of his brothers then, yay! (you'll have to post pics when you get him home!!) I bet you can't wait to get yours home :) I've been looking forwards to this for weeks lol. Hmm the size is a difficult one as I haven't actually seen him out of the hide- I was at work when he arrived last night so the boyfriend had to take delivery and I don't want to disturb him so have left him alone in the hide. But to give a rough idea of size, the hamster house in the pic is roughly 5 inches long by 3 inches deep. And from what I can see he looks to be the thickness of a finger roughly, if thats any help at all?! :)

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Yeah, I got BCC2, they were all stunning!

Thickness of a FINGER?! Cripes, I was expecting him to be waaaay bigger than that! That's awesome news, as I've spent MONTHS setting up a 4x2 for him, and was slightly worried that he would outgrow it too quickly, but I can't see that happening for a couple of years!!

Thanks for that =] Just gotta wait for the 29th now. Too long! TOO LONG!

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
That's a lovely looking Boa! Congrats :D I think you might have to let him keep the hide though :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I got BCC2, they were all stunning!

Thickness of a FINGER?! Cripes, I was expecting him to be waaaay bigger than that! That's awesome news, as I've spent MONTHS setting up a 4x2 for him, and was slightly worried that he would outgrow it too quickly, but I can't see that happening for a couple of years!!

Thanks for that =] Just gotta wait for the 29th now. Too long! TOO LONG!
Haha yeah, when I got my first boa a few months ago I was surprised at how small she was(not that she was small, she was normal baby boa size, but you know what I mean, you kind of expect them to be bigger lol), so luckily this time round I was expecting it and only got a faunarium set up. I have 4x2 vivs the same as you though for when they are big enough to go in them and then I'll upgrade to final adult sized vivs when they need it. I'm thinking they will be fine in the 4x2's for a couple of years though.

Haha you just need to find something to distract you until the 29th! :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice :D Next up get some pics of that tail! :mf_dribble:
That's my next mission once he's settled a bit and I can get him out for a photo session :D Until then I'll just lie in wait with my camera like some kind of snake stalker and hope he wanders out of the hide or pokes his tail out :lol2:

·
Registered
648 Posts
awww he is gorgeous! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts