Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a spare viv and im sure theres a lizard out there that would like a new home,i got a 5ftx2ftx2ft viv with uvb bulb ceramic heat bulb and a thermocontrol, i was looking around and thought about iguanas but cant accomadate the adult size i already have a beardie but i was looking for something that would grow a bit bigger and still be suited to the 5footer for a while?
any sugestions would be great?
oh one more thing this isnt an impulse buy and i will be doing as much research as humanly possible before i buy another lizard

·
Registered
661 Posts
Bosc ?? pair of ackies ? blue tongue skink, plated lizard? why not a snake ?

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
well if its just temporary until something bigger then egyptian uros? im unsure on sizes but they get pretty big. If thats what you want to keep something in for a lifetime then maybe some agama mwanzee or agama agama

·
Registered
661 Posts
Egyptian uro would more then likely be ok but people opinions differ on the size for an adult Egyptian i believe it would be ok but personally i keep my in 6ft by 3ft by 2ft as i have the room but other uro's that dont get quite as big such as mali or geyri would be a good alternative

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers for the replies i got a whole lot of reading to do now looking into it it strugling for space i could possibly make the viv higher but no wider or longer i like the idea of a monitor but dont they grow and grow and then grow somemore

·
Registered
661 Posts
if you can go higher why not look into some thing like a chinese water dragon ? but id suggest looking into uromastyx i have beardies , water dragons, uro's, ackies, leo's, plateds, cresties, frillys and others and most people do seem to love the uro's the most

·
Registered
18,150 Posts
Ackies monitor they are awesome :flrt:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i was looking through all the sugestions and i really like the look of the blue tounged skink, ackies are nice but im thinking skink and definatly no snakes they scare the crap out of me.i think ive opened a can of worms now im looking at boscs now can any one offer some advice on them as from what ive read im likly to get bitten and need heavy gloves?

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'd go for a Uro as they look so funky are handle very well too.
Not all you will find most uro's are more skitish then anything you can handle them but they wouldnt be like a beardie like the blue tongue would

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so basicly im either looking at a bosc with a mountain of scratches? or a blue tongued skink? is there anything eles?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i was thinking something big i dont mind building a new one after 6-12 months

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
i was thinking something big i dont mind building a new one after 6-12 months
ackies are slightly bigger than beardies but if your looking bigger than that then it's gonna be a BTS or Bosc mate lol. you could set up a little collony of leopard lizards though or a collards and it would look awesome but they are relativly small.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts