Reptile Forums banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Ssssshhhhhhh, Im sat on my Dodo egg as we speak. I have to keep it warm like this for 6 months before it hatches. My arse is killing though!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
OMG somebody pinch me - I have just seen a thread on the classifieds for a hypo melanistic leucistic blue purple catty sparkles dodo!

oh sorry that was me dreaming - although it was about as realistic as megans snake/dog/kittens/other dog/florida/fife/falkirk/rats/vets/2 kittens/no kittens
Fife, Flakirk? May I have links please?
I've got to say they always make me laugh at how some people just can't take a hint. Some of the stuff she comes out with :whistling2:

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Ssssshhhhhhh, Im sat on my Dodo egg as we speak. I have to keep it warm like this for 6 months before it hatches. My arse is killing though!
:roll2: PMSL at the mental image, Colin - sorry! :whistling2:

·
Registered
418 Posts
just seen the pictures and tjhe eye is fowl, poor doggie.

just looked it up and after surgery the dog would need to be on eye drops for rest of his life, oh dear gonna be costly. bt seem as u didnt mention that then not got it??

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
:roll2: PMSL at the mental image, Colin - sorry! :whistling2:
Stop enjoying mental images of me & my bum missus!

Ok, here you go!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
You are hatching it yourself? Don't forget to turn the egg, but you have to turn your whole self if you have already bonded with it, will have to stand on your head for 6 hours a day.

·
Registered
13,799 Posts
this is true, on your head or the babydodo will stick to the inside of the eggshell and die!

any news on making me a blue one? :flrt:

i had both my dogs eyes done ( she popped them at different times :devil: first one might have something to do with running into the hook on the washing machine door at the speed of light )

she had eye drops for a week and that was it.
all fixed`n`sorted.

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Well I was told by the breeder, who originally comes from Never Never Land, not to turn it like a normal bird egg, but instead to just have a kick around with my nephew with the egg. Aparently it helps the developing chick inside the egg to grow healthily.

·
Registered
38,264 Posts
Well I was told by the breeder, who originally comes from Never Never Land, not to turn it like a normal bird egg, but instead to just have a kick around with my nephew with the egg. Aparently it helps the developing chick inside the egg to grow healthily.
should try hatching a basilisk, bloody frog never wants to sit still

·
Registered
981 Posts
Ooooh could you mention to your breeder from Never Never Land that my Jabberwocky that I was sent from Wonderland by "Alice Rare Breeds" has started to eat my sofa and I was advised they were safe around cushions! Can he give me any advice. I might have to sell him ... what do you think he would be worth in the classifieds? I was thinking around £500 monopoly pounds and a venusian blip blap? :lol2:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Ooooh could you mention to your breeder from Never Never Land that my Jabberwocky that I was sent from Wonderland by "Alice Rare Breeds" has started to eat my sofa and I was advised they were safe around cushions! Can he give me any advice. I might have to sell him ... what do you think he would be worth in the classifieds? I was thinking around £500 monopoly pounds and a venusian blip blap? :lol2:
I just don't think you are caring for it properly, are you shaking it daily until it jabbers? Some people think they can just get away with it cause it jibbers itself daily, but you really have to make sure you get a good jabber out of it too.

Maybe that is why it is after your cushions, do you shake your cushions daily? Maybe it is jealous? You need to turn it upside down and blow on its underneath until its :censor: comes out, if it is green then it is jealousy. Film yourself blowing it, just so we can all check and give a second option, we will not laugh at you, honest, though some may laugh in your general direction...

·
Registered
981 Posts
I will see if I can get my other half to film it as with the whole fire breathing thing it might be a little difficult to film and dodge the flames while blowing and jabbering at the same time!
He is quite good really - I only have to call the fire brigade once a month now when he gets his usuals!! PMS in Jabberwockys can be a little scary, but if he gets tetchy you just flush his head down the loo and he will stop!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Ok enough silliness I have a serious question, I Currently walk my Thylacine, called Mr.Taz-Tigger, on a harness, but I am thinking of getting it a headcollar, what sized headcollar would you think would fit one.

Also I have had it for 3 weeks and have not yet googled what to feed it, but I think it needs to eat soon as when I open the door on the Viv it tried to eat my retriever. What do you feed a Thylacine, I thought maybe Koalas, but have yet to find a good source of them here in Devon. I live in Tiverton and there is not a koala shop here, but Taunton, where I live, does have a Kangaroo shop.

·
Registered
981 Posts
You could probably use the same size as the one I use for my Jabberwocky (also fits trolls) I think I saw some on fleabay, as for koalas as food, you should be able to order them via the Kangaroo shop but they may suggest using wallabies! Not as much fat on them as koalas.
How do you find the Thylacine for ease of care, they are quite an expert pet aren't they or could beginners get a baby one.
Are you going to mate him at all?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Yeah, Im going to make up a mate and then either breed them, or make up that she is pregnant, but there are no vets in my country unless you fly your elephant bird to the nearest oil rig (they pump up olive oil) and then getting a helicopter to the mainland.

I may just skip the breeding and make up that she and her second cousin which I am also going to breed have just had litters.

They are very easy to care for, as soon as I locate a koala shop.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Think this is becoming just our thread now - where are all the mocking fun loving people now huh!!
Oh well twas fun while it lasted! lol

We can carry on when we get the next installment of
Megan Rocks Tall Tales!! :Na_Na_Na_Na:

I will look for a koala shop for you! :lol2:

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
The breeder said that everytime your Jabberwocky tries to eat a cushion, you should fart next to it. Aparently their ears are far too sensitive to human trumps & it will put it off destroying your sofa. :2thumb:

·
Registered
38,264 Posts
no one got tips for my basilisk....this is the second frog thats escaped when ive gone to the loo

·
Registered
16,519 Posts
no one got tips for my basilisk....this is the second frog thats escaped when ive gone to the loo
well what do you expect frogs have no staying power. i can lend you my hybrid t-rex/velociraptor if you like? shes a great mum and will let you handle the babies from day one. however she eats a shed load of kfc everyday while sitting so you will have this aditional cost to consider...

61 - 80 of 101 Posts