Reptile Forums banner

What to call him?

• Big Al, (after the dinosaur fossil, the alosaurus)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elmo, cos it starts with an E like Elvis

• Arthur, because its an old mans name and kind of comical

• Other (please post)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had the "Newbie" as he is known in our household for almost 3 weeks now. Its driving me nuts that he doesn't have a name, but I guess its a matter of what suits him. I think he's possibly the most beautiful looking collared I ever saw in the flesh, but he also looks kind of grumpy, as you'll see from the picture.

We came up with a few names but I dont know which one, so wondered if you could tell me what you like most?

If it helps, he is funny, he head bobs a lot, he LOVES wax worms, sometimes he eats locusts, other times he chews them and spits them out.

He seems to be a bit scared of Elvis, even though he is twice her size. Unlike Yoda he gets cranky if she climbs on him, he also sleeps in the middle of the tank on the floor like he kind of didnt mean to sleep there but was just oh so tired....... and he's a really big lumbering John Coffey kind of character, definitely a gentle giant. We picked the following names... What do you think?

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
how about victor?? :p u said he was quite grumpy i immediatly thought of victor meldrew the grumpy ole guy from one foot in the grave :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
Elmo's a cool name. :lol: One of my geckos is called Elmo. He's cheeky too.

Or you could call him Colin the collared, or Cory?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Victor is good - thats what I call my Hub, cos he's a grumpy bugger ( but I do Love him) !!!

Janine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
name

how about warren as in warren mitchell alf garnett now he was a grumpy little so and so lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
163 Posts
how about lil john out of robin hood cause u said he's big and lumering and so is he ???? anyways whatever u choose im sure it will be nice :D

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol, the leaping larry thing has caused a bit of a stir in the office this morning, and yes we are all sober, lol

Think we're gonna call him Arthur as Big Al is a bit of a mouthful

Thanks all for your input, he's now officially Arthur Brown, part of the Brown Family, may he live long and Prosper :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts