Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it sounds like im a dumbo..after all its only planting seeds...But

isit like cress where you can just dash the seeds on the soil surface or should i bury them under soil?

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
What seeds are they?

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
This is what I did..

evenly sprinkle them over topsoil then cover them with a thin layer of the same topsoil. easy.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Plant the seeds about 1/4 of an inch deep (in a deep tray or pot) and a couple of inches a part. Water regularly so the soil stays damp. If all the seeds germinate you may need to transplant some of the plants that pop up so there is enough room for the others to grow

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plant the seeds about 1/4 of an inch deep (in a deep tray or pot) and a couple of inches a part. Water regularly so the soil stays damp. If all the seeds germinate you may need to transplant some of the plants that pop up so there is enough room for the others to grow
thankyou :) will have a go tonight!!

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
you dont want the soil to be too wet though, theres a fine line between damp enough and saturated which is no good, when they get roots you can put them in a shallow dish of water then they can take water as and when they need it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
This is what I did..

evenly sprinkle them over topsoil then cover them with a thin layer of the same topsoil. easy.
thats what ive done! :2thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts