Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a D-D DC300 chiller off eBay for £100 which was a bargain! i'm getting axolotls and even though my room is approx. 18 degrees my tank is 19+ because of the lights etc. i'm struggling to keep it low in temperature so imagine how i'd struggle in summer! anyway the chiller i bought doesn't come with anything, it's just the chiller so i need to get all the fixtures and fittings for it and i don't know where to start, i know i need a pump but i don't know which one so if anyone can help me that would be great. i did read the manual which can be found easily on google but it's not very user friendly. my tank is a 36" 101L, the only hurdle to get over is the flow/current, as it needs to be as minimal as possible for axolotls.

here's the chiller manual!
http://www.theaquariumsolution.com/files/DC-300 Instruction Manual.pdf

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
That's a fairly juicy chiller that will cool a large volume of water and if running, cost you a fair bit to power.

You will need the fixings as you state and a powerful circulation pump dropped in a sump that is connected to your main system.

The issue is, unless you have a vast collection you will have to turn the water over constantly to get enough through the chiller.

If you have lots of tanks full of water that may not be an issue

I would call D&D, they are very helpful, they may have the correct fitting kit and be able to suggest a good pump.

We used to make chillers in the past, I can say that you must get the flow rates right or the chiller just does not perform well

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.