Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I've got 2 apple snails in my tank. They've always been happy as larry, moving around the tank and climbing up the sides in the night.
Just for a couple of weeks I've moved them to my mums place. Within 2 days one of my snails died...
It was upsidedown in the corner of the tank and haddent moved for a couple of days and was half in, half out of its shell.
Yesterday I got worried about the other one as it was staying almost in the same place and not eating. I have 2 plec's and 2 musk turtles in the tank and they all seem as usual.
Just got home from work and the snail hasn't moved since this morning, and is upsidedown... It's door is shut and still faily tight so I think it's still alive, when I put it back in the tank it did float around for a bit, is this a bad sign?!
Please help! I know there only little £2 snails, but there mine, if you know what I mean!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Have you added any treatment to the water? Inverts can be sensitive to chemicals in the water, perhaps your mum's water supply has more copper or something?

Best,
Paul

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
I also would say copper!!

Check your treatments.

John

·
Registered
7 Posts
I could be wrong but don't apple snails float when there isn't enough food available? Like in the wild they would float down stream to an other place where there is more food?

I had a huge apple snail that done this alot, so it might be fine!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one thats still going seems to be still holding in there.
How would I be able to find out if theres too much copper in the water? Mum's place is out in the country and mine is in a town so not sure how different the water would be?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts