Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I've got 2 apple snails in my tank. They've always been happy as larry, moving around the tank and climbing up the sides in the night.
Just for a couple of weeks I've moved them to my mums place. Within 2 days one of my snails died...
It was upsidedown in the corner of the tank and haddent moved for a couple of days and was half in, half out of its shell.
Yesterday I got worried about the other one as it was staying almost in the same place and not eating. I have 2 plec's and 2 musk turtles in the tank and they all seem as usual.
Just got home from work and the snail hasn't moved since this morning, and is upsidedown... It's door is shut and still faily tight so I think it's still alive, when I put it back in the tank it did float around for a bit, is this a bad sign?!
Please help! I know there only little £2 snails, but there mine, if you know what I mean!

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
When you moved your tank did you refill with tap water, was it colder than normal, added any chemicals?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Refilled with tap water, like i usualy do.
It was a little colder but I have a heater and left the water for a little while to heat up. Its been over a week since it's been in there.
I haven't added any chemicals, never had to back home so didn't think mums place would be any different...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts