Reptile Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Oh well done, hope they dont come down my way, allthough thier beautiful bugs im not overly keen on any bugs lol

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Then send them here - they eat all the greenfly of which there is an abundance as well this year!!!

·
Pets are a luxury!!!
28,359 Posts
A good few years ago there was a plague off them. We were on Southport beach at the time and we watched them arrive, huge black swarms flying in from the sea. These were not the nice ones though as they bit when they landed on you. It was like something out of a horror film with people running to get away from them

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A good few years ago there was a plague off them. We were on Southport beach at the time and we watched them arrive, huge black swarms flying in from the sea. These were not the nice ones though as they bit when they landed on you. It was like something out of a horror film with people running to get away from them
eeek that sounds horrible. Luckily these fenland ladybirds are friendly and no trouble at all apart from diving into the waterbutts and needing to be fished out.
Incidentally something really horrible happened to me the other night. I was sat sitting here online when a fly buzzed right inside my earhole""""":gasp:
Well, you can imagine my reaction. I managed to grab its bum and pull it out whereby it flew off and got itself tangled in my long hair and was going bzzzzz bzzzzzz bzzzzzzz. I couldn't get it untangled so I squished it tween finger and thumb then went and had a shower to wash it out.

·
Registered
25,485 Posts
Yeah... I've only seen a couple lady bugs this year, as well :(

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Still haven't seen any here! Although there are suddenly lots of hoverflies which the new pup is having fun snapping at :lol2:

We were on holiday in the Canaries a few years ago when they had a plague of locusts. Some sort of freak weather had brought them over from Africa. Horrible things. Give me ladybirds any day! But not biting ones, I don't like the sound of that either.

I wish we could have a plague of dragonflies. Now that would be something. I haven't seen one for years now and they're so beautiful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts