Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a bit worried cause my neighbours (behind my house) bear in mind there isn't any fence have got a cat and three TINY kittens living outside not fenced in and they keep coming in to my garden which I am worried about because next door have dogs in the garden, I am sure thats not okay that they have tiny kittens living outside specially since its been really cold everynight and was raining last night, do you think this is okay???

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Doesnt sound right to me. All animals should have suitable shelter - they may be able to argue that the cat chooses to go outside but such small kittens arent really capable of finding their own shelter IMO.

Do you know if the mother cat has put them there or if they have been dumped from the house? Could they be bringing the kittens inside and the mother taking them out again?
I must admit it would concern me that such young kittens were out in all weathers.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I have been worried aspecially with the dogs next door they might get one of them, I have been leaving food for them just incase they have been dumped or whatever, cause I am not sure weather those ppl even own them they are just in their garden.
thats why I haven't done anything cause I am not really in a sitiution to phone the rspca or anything I have thought of catching them but they aren't mine and the ppl may miss them.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
If it was me I would catch one then take it to them and say you found it in your garden. That way you can find out whether they are theirs or not. If they are theirs mention the dogs and say you hope the dogs dont get them - that might wake them up a bit!
Its a bit sneaky but at least you wont upset them and can find out whose they are :wink:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PendleHog said:
If it was me I would catch one then take it to them and say you found it in your garden. That way you can find out whether they are theirs or not. If they are theirs mention the dogs and say you hope the dogs dont get them - that might wake them up a bit!
Its a bit sneaky but at least you wont upset them and can find out whose they are :wink:

yeah I was thinking of keeping the kitten when I seen it in my garden cause it was too small to be out and I thought someone had dumped it, but when I was trying to catch it, it run to the bottom of my garden and I noticed the mum and the other two kittens, and then I was more worried....... someone like that shouldn't own cats :twisted: what if they have been dumped?? thats what I keep thinking and I could keep them, but they may not have been.....

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Well if you can manage to catch one, take it to the neighbours and ask if its theirs. If they're not, I reckon you should take them in, even if its only short term for some shelter.
If they ARE the neighbours call the RSPCA and ask for advice. They may come round and caution the owners.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
if they are left wont they become rather wild and unpredictable?

could always raise them as your own :D and my cat attacks dogs all the time! cats can look after themselves :wink: granted at that size its unlikely but if the mother is there i cant see her letting anything happen to her kids

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been watching them very carefully and they are out all the time like all day and all night! :twisted:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ianyork said:
if they are left wont they become rather wild and unpredictable?

could always raise them as your own :D and my cat attacks dogs all the time! cats can look after themselves :wink: granted at that size its unlikely but if the mother is there i cant see her letting anything happen to her kids

They seem fairly friendly, just a liitle scared!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts