Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would really love another reptile but i'm not sure what to get. obviously would do research first before purchasing. my husband isn't keen about getting anymore reptiles as we already have 2 bearded dragons and he's complaining about how much electric they use. so i was thinking is there any tipe of reptile that won't use as much electric e.g uv tube and basking light. i would love to have a crested gecko, day gecko or a corn snake. the reptile would have to be tamable and able to live in a 4ft wooden viv. any ideas would be apreciated :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
corn snake would be ideal :2thumb:
very docile and mine are all on heat mats ( with stats of course)

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
electric is cheap...

maybe get a veiled chameleon?

·
Registered
553 Posts
crestie... warm room... job done!
Agree! or a corn snake! We have more reptiles than our local pet shop- i dont even look at our electric bill - best way. If you cant see it it dont affect me! :flrt: I love my reptiles too much anyway!

If you decide Yeman chams - I got plenty for sale :2thumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i don't get a bill for my elecrtic we pay for it as we use it, thats why he's complaining cause we can see how much we use. but i never complain about his playstation. i would love a chamelion, but i've got a 4ft viv by 2ft by 2ft which i thought isn't sutable for a chamelion? getting him round to the idea of another reptile promised to buy him an xbox if i get another reptile :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
lol game systems are the way to a mans heart, xbox and cod black ops he will let you have anything as he will be stuck to that for the next year and wont notice what you buy once its released in november that is.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Well his playstation will be using MUCH more electricity than your beardie vivs! Snakes like corns (or my fave - milk snakes) are good for low electricity as they can quite happily be heated by statted mats which are very low wattages and snakes dont really require uv. Crested geckos are also a good one as if your house is warm enough they dont need heat. They may require a heat mat during the colder months and if your house gets really hot in the summer you may have to invest in some sort of air con thing to keep the room cool enough as high temps can kill crsties!

Its your choice really! But if i was you i would try and convince you OH to let you have both! :lol2:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was hoping to get a reptile that would only need a heat mat, no uv bulb and basking bulb. i did have an exo terra that would have been ideal for a crestie, but i got rid of it a couple of weeks ago :bash: now i just have my spare 4 ft vivexotic. i think i'm torn between a crestie and a corn snake atm, already done some research on them. are there any good breeders of cresties or corn snakes on here? or can anyone point me in the right direction i would be grateful. they do sell both of them in my local pets at home, buy i'd like to buy a reptile from someone that has really cared for them from day one :flrt:

·
Registered
287 Posts
How about a gargoyle gecko? Similar to cresties but something a bit more uncommon but stil readily available, they don't need UV or much heat and can be fed on CGD just like cresties! They also get a tad bigger than cresties aswell.
: victory:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Corn, corn corn corn corn corn lol... :2thumb:

Great temprament, and so many different colours to pick from, you cant go wrong

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I'm in a similar position and my next acquisitions will be a boa and an Ackie. Viv size should be OK (at least for a fair while) and other costs will be a bit lower than for beardies.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
lol game systems are the way to a mans heart, xbox and cod black ops he will let you have anything as he will be stuck to that for the next year and wont notice what you buy once its released in november that is.

this!

i paid for my OH's new games and stuff in Game the other day for nearly £70 and have put up with hours of him playing F1 2010 on ps3 so now he owes me...just so happens we are off to portsmouth on sunday :whistling2:

·
Banned
1,267 Posts
Agree! or a corn snake! We have more reptiles than our local pet shop- i dont even look at our electric bill - best way. If you cant see it it dont affect me! :flrt: I love my reptiles too much anyway!

If you decide Yeman chams - I got plenty for sale :2thumb:
I wish that was the way for me ... I have a pay as u go meter and it eats £5 a day!!!!!!! And before u say anything, i have had it checked and exchanged and keeping reptiles is damned expensive ... but worth it :) If I dont put the money on the key and insert it into the leccy box I have no 'lectric .......

·
Banned
1,267 Posts
i don't get a bill for my elecrtic we pay for it as we use it, thats why he's complaining cause we can see how much we use. but i never complain about his playstation. i would love a chamelion, but i've got a 4ft viv by 2ft by 2ft which i thought isn't sutable for a chamelion? getting him round to the idea of another reptile promised to buy him an xbox if i get another reptile :2thumb:
I cant complain bout my OH using an xbox 360 (he loaned it) or when he goes on his standard xbox ... I use my laptops for hours/evenings daily ... but since owning inverts and reptiles the cost of 'leccy has shot up ... used to be roughly £1 a day ... now with the tarantulas, scorps, snakes, Iguana, (and keeping the house warm for my mice and hamster) my 'leccy bill is roughly £5 per day!!!!! Expensive huh? Esp when u on pay-as-u-go with a frigging key that has to be topped up or u dont get any 'leccy ... and thats without the standing charge!!!!!

·
Registered
18,150 Posts
There are lots of very good Crestie breeders on here.

Have you 100% decided on a Crestie?

What about Leopard Geckos :D they are great, really nice to handle!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts