Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got 2 carpet pythons. I've been on the look out for some for a few months and was leaning towards JCPs, and I seen two in a shop (I'd never usually buy an animal from a shop), and I had to get them, their temperaments are great and they look great too. They where sold as JCPs, but after seeing pics of others I'm not so sure. I PM'd bladeblaster and he said its difficult to say, but he was sure there not 100% jungle.

I'm not bothered what they are as I got them because of how they look and there temperament, not because they where jungles. But its doing my nut in I can't put a label on them. I was gonna put a thread in the pic section with 'look at my new *******' and I didn't know what to put.

Anyone got any ideas? From other peoples photos I've seen, I'm leaning towards diamond jungle jag sibs or jungle jag sibs.

They look a lot like this, but more yellow diamond jungle jaguar sibling youngster - YouTube

Here they are anyways:

Female 1

Female 2

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
I PM'd bladeblaster and he said its difficult to say, but he was sure there not 100% jungle.
He's right, the only person that will be able to give you any further info would be whoever bred them, and even then they're not guaranteed to know if they had unknown parents.
I can't put a label on them. I was gonna put a thread in the pic section with 'look at my new *******' and I didn't know what to put.
"Carpet Python"

·
Registered
885 Posts
The ease of breeding the various M. spilota subspecies makes posts like this one far too common.

I don't have an big issue with crossing the subspecies, I just wish that people would keep a record of what they have done and that that record is passed on to subsequent owners. The 'mixed heritage' might become quite complicated but at least we would know what snakes we own!

·
Registered
736 Posts
First of all, nice snake!

Hard to tell what it is though isn't it! In my opinion, from their appearance they look to have elements of Jungle Carpet and Coastal Carpet, but as already stated, they could be anything.

I know crosses/intergrades occur naturally but I just can't help thinking that all the different Carpet Pythons are so beautiful in their own right, I don't see why people feel the need to cross. In years to come I wonder how hard it will become to obtaine pure lines. I guess I'm in a minority as the world has gone morph/designer crazy.

Rant over, carry on!

·
Registered
671 Posts
pure carpets are allways the best,all m are beautiful animals thow .same as gtp are such nice serpents so why cross them,keep things pure.but every one to there own.
This^^^^^.:2thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts