Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hia, i got a 4.5ft iguana and shes not very well, the people i got her from said shes too cold (before i got her) and with most of them they hide it and once you see it its to late to do anything! perri is my life, my baby!

baisicly, im getting one the small rooms in my house and making it so its a vivaium, but to keep heaat in im going to make it so when you walk in you need to open a door to be in her vivarium!
theres one problem help....

im not the best with tools, and so on and pumps and ponds,

im in gosport. next to portsmouth so if anyone can help out i can offer beer and the great feeling you get form rescueing a igunan if you are to young to drink! and all the tea and coffee you can drink!

also do you think a room convertments ok?

i will put pictures of plans for it up when iv drawn them out later on today
jaz x

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to buy it, but its mid wales! and that would cost me a van thats
£60

petral and to buy it
and then put it together when its here
its cheaper to just build one myself lol

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
south wales :)

i used to live in that town. its a tiny little place. suprised anyone there had such a huge viv! its very much a cat and dog type of town

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fine south :p still i dont live in wales yet not for 2 more years lol!
still i need to know if theres anything i should worry about putint a pond in the vivarium?
jaz x

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
ponds are safe for large iggys, keep the water chlorine and ph levels and er..amonia [i think] levels correct and safe and will be fine.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
yeh nitrate and nitrite as well and copper i believe is also in water. Basically, u get ur water tested at an aquatics centre, most people have one nearby somewhere, and they will give u advice on how to get safe water. Its usually free - £5 and a must for any water animals are going to be going in.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got like 3 people helping me, so i should be ok, i might put like stones around the pond fixed with ciment or somthing, hmmm big job but worth it for my little girl :)
jaz z

1 - 10 of 10 Posts