Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I am very pleased to inform you all that the IHS Breeders Meeting will be taking place this Sunday as scheduled.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support it is very much appreciated. I will post more information in due course but I want to keep it short and sweet for now as I want, no need a beer, or three.

Look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on Sunday.

Regards,
Chris

Open Letter to:

Michael Hart, Chief Executive - Doncaster Cultural Leisure Trust
cc Jo Miller, Chief Executive - Doncaster Borough Council

Re: International Herpetological Breeders Meeting 17th of June 2012

Dear Michael,

Further to our correspondence of yesterday, as you are aware the case was heard today in the High Court of Justice Chancery Division, London this afternoon and I have just been informed the injunction has been granted. Documentation will be served upon yourselves shortly.

It is with deep regret that we had to resort to such action and we firmly believe that this was only necessary because of the intervention of third parties. Although a cost ordered has been awarded against Doncaster Cultural Leisure Trust, the Federation of British Herpetologists will not seek to enforce this.

The International Herpetological Society Breeder’s Meeting will now take place on Sunday the 17th of June as planned and I fully expect this to be an enjoyable day for all concerned. Clearly some fanatical members of Animal Rights organisation will be dissatisfied and it may be prudent that we discuss additional security arrangement in view of this.

Our solicitors have served formal notice on Doncaster Borough Council with regards to the legality of the event, and out of courtesy I have forwarded you a copy for your own information.

There have also been completely unfounded allegations of animal welfare issues and in order to ensure that the highest standards are maintained several months ago we commissioned Tim Wass MBE to conduct an independent animal welfare inspection of this year’s event. Mr Wass was, until recently, the Chief Officer of the RSPCA and has an unrivalled reputation in his field, with an uncompromising approach to animal welfare standards.

Yours sincerely,

Chris Newman
Chairman Federation of British Herpetologists

15th June, 2012 @ 18:28

cc Knights Solicitors
Rt. Hon Rosie Winterton MP, Doncaster Central
Rt. Hon Ed Miliband MP, Doncaster North
Rt. Hon Caroline Flint MP, Don Valley
Peter Davies, Mayor of Doncaster

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Great work and thank you. I hope this situation has proven that even this forum can, when it comes to it, stick together and support you, the IHS and the FBH and most importantly eachother.
Enjoy your beers.:notworthy:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Very Well Done Chris
You have `all the beers you want pal, you deserve them`
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Well done Chris and all at the IHS :2thumb: I'm so happy right now I could cry :lol2:

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
fantastic work chris!! i know for one i will continue my support to the FBH and IHS!!!!

have several beers you deserve it!!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
this is the 4th thread i have said well done on and i will contiune saying it! the battle has been won tho the war has not but lets enjoy it for now.

completely appreciate the Mr Wass touch! who ever thought of that deserves another beer; brilliant !

·
Registered
162 Posts
rep show

Thanks for all your effort and work...it just go's to show that it is a worthwile sociaty for us all none members to sign up and support you
and help keep our beloved hobby safe ...this will be my first show so happy all has gone in our favour ..best regards Alistair Kennington.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.