Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IHS Statement re: Breeders Meeting
Issued 13th June, 2100hrs

We are aware of a press release issued by the animal rights extremist group the APA regarding the IHS show in Doncaster this weekend – 17th June 2012.

On the 12th of June 2012 at 12:00 a meeting between representatives of the International Herpetological Society, Federation of British Herpetologists, Doncaster Borough Council and Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust (The Dome) took place at the behest the Council. This meeting concluded at approximately 2pm. The APA were not present at this meeting, however the Animal Protection Agency issued the following press release shortly after:
 HYPERLINK "http://www.apa.org.uk/press/201206-Doncaster.html" http://www.apa.org.uk/press/201206-Doncaster.html

This press release directly conflicts with the information given to the representatives of the International Herpetological Society and the Federation of British Herpetologists on the same day by Doncaster Borough Council. This matter is now with our solicitors in order to clarify the nature of the problem, as it is our understanding that the event is fully compliant with the law. The International Herpetological Society currently holds written contracts with Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust to hold the Breeders Meeting on the 17th of June 2012 and 23rd September 2012.

The overriding fact does remain that public safety must be given priority and the threat of terrorist activity needs to be given due consideration. The organisers are, however, determined not be intimidated and will do their utmost to ensure that the event can continue.

The organisers of this year’s event are seeking to find a resolution to this problem and will not be bullied into letting down all of those people who have supported the show over the years. Unfortunately the tried and tested AR tactic of attacking the venue at the last minute does mean that little time now remains to resolve the issue but further information will be released as soon as it is available.

In the meantime we thank you for your support and encouragement and ask that you continue to express your support for your hobby via the IHS and FBH.

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
So still not a definite that it will not be cancelled. Im probably just thired, but to me a ot was written but not much said.

Im tired and have a headache so if thats not true please excuse me

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting

I'll just ask where this came from as there are currently no statements on eithers website
I got this from Chris Newman

I am sharing it everywhere I can...

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Awesome, thanks for sharing :2thumb:

·
Registered
714 Posts
So still not a definite that it will not be cancelled. Im probably just thired, but to me a ot was written but not much said.

Im tired and have a headache so if thats not true please excuse me
so basically there websites full of :censor: and people can still trade
It seems that it will be going ahead as planned, as the IHS / FBH according to the statement have not been informed of any problems. However it does not confirm it is definitely going ahead as planned either. They tell us we will be kept informed however and so I am sure full clarification will be offered when it is fully investigated.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
fantastic news and thanks for sharing Jen.

what complete idiots if theres some sort of bomb threat or something that would be ridiculous

lets hope they keep away and we can all enjoy our show

hope everyone gets and see's what they want!:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Thanks for the update!
Hopefully this will put a few people's minds at rest.
Not mine, still seems there may be a chance the show might no go ahead

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
If, as has been suggested, the information published on teh APA site is completely different to that in correspondance from the owners of the venue, then they are publishing publicly false information.
Has any consideration been given to legal action against the APA?
I would also hope that if threats have been made regarding the safety of teh venue that this is reported to the police.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What makes me wonder is, does APA face same prosecution for any terrorist activity that they carry out as any other terrorists would, or are they simply immune to law?

You often hear about bomb threats carried out by APA forcing such events to be cancelled, but do these criminals/terrorists ever get chased and prosecuted? This seems to escape any media and press releases so I wonder if these cases are just ignored, because police is too busy issuing parking tickets.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts