Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Eggs still havent hatched (leo)
They were her first ever eggs, so we thought they woudl be infertile..
but they have grown,
they are pretty big... but its now been 73 days.

These are however being incubated in the viv, (due to them comming earlier than i expected!)

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the viv is around 84 on the heat mat, abient temp is around 76

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know!
lol
wrost year ever!!!
it can only get better eh..... ( i bloody hope so!!!!)

well i guess... i have had 5 BEAUITFUL baby cresties, and a neew beautiful baby leo!!

but hay ho :(

lol

What is it you and reptile problems! You seem to be the most unlucky person with trips to the vets and mishaps and such. Hope these eggs work out for you and all your hard work and perseverence pays off. Ben

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
I had one baby leopard gecko hatch out of an egg four months after it was laid.

Egg was laid in April, hatched August 31st.

Incubation temperature plays a part, and if the ambient temperature is only 76 then it will take a LOT longer to hatch them.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thank you.
its just after the incubator was set up, they had already been in the viv for about a week, and we didnt want to risk moving them at that stage, soo.. well i guess ill just have to wait and see..

coudl this cause problems, with the babies?

I had one baby leopard gecko hatch out of an egg four months after it was laid.

Egg was laid in April, hatched August 31st.

Incubation temperature plays a part, and if the ambient temperature is only 76 then it will take a LOT longer to hatch them.

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Keid - our four-month-incubated baby - was fine, successfully had eggs of her own. She did die of egg binding, but I do not believe that was linked to her incubation as she'd had a successful breeding year the year previous.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:(
sorry r.i.p

thankyou.

i just dont want to (for the sake of the leos) end up with deformities etc etc..

Keid - our four-month-incubated baby - was fine, successfully had eggs of her own. She did die of egg binding, but I do not believe that was linked to her incubation as she'd had a successful breeding year the year previous.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well knowing my luck this year, nout will come out... lol

the other two, the clutch that was laid after the first lot, i can see babies inside them, so i guess thats something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts