Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
amd they will be out door cats and the thing is they are sleeping at ma dad gf"s and they have a huge feild to play in they"re loads of mice in her house so she doesint want to wake up to find dead mice on her floor and she is getting female kittens and we dont want more kittens as well she lives in the middle of no where far from vet 30 mins to stirling so any thing we can do

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well there is 2 questions how do i atop them from killing mice and leaving them and stop them breeding

·
Registered
306 Posts
Cats will be cats. You can't stop them bringing in mice, end of.

Stop them breeding? The Cats or the mice?

Get the cats spayed.

The mice? er.. not much you can do really, they're wild animals.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
well there is 2 questions how do i atop them from killing mice and leaving them and stop them breeding
Question 1: Keep the cats indoors and sort out the mouse problem in another way - although one of the reasons people LIKE cats is that they kill mice! (By the way, fully outdoor cats will kill mice and leave them on your doorstep - there's lots more mice OUTSIDE than there are INSIDE.)

Question 2: When they're old enough take them to the vet and get them spayed. So what if it's far away? If you don't take 'em to the vet and get them spayed, they'll breed, end of, and then you've got "it's too far away to get the kittens to new owners".

·
Super Moderator
16,556 Posts
amd they will be out door cats and the thing is they are sleeping at ma dad gf"s and they have a huge feild to play in they"re loads of mice in her house so she doesint want to wake up to find dead mice on her floor and she is getting female kittens and we dont want more kittens as well she lives in the middle of no where far from vet 30 mins to stirling so any thing we can do

In English!

I think your questions have been answered.

·
Registered
981 Posts
You seriously need to GROW UP a bit! Cats eat mice, especially kittens, my bedroom looked like a texas chainsaw massacre after they had finished, heads here and there and legs and guts very gross... if you dont want dead mice dont get a cat, and as for breeding ... get them spayed for gods sake! In fact you would be better off getting a stuffed toy, that way you wont have to start another stupid thread asking what to feed kittens!! Any way thought you said on your last thread that you were leaving !! :bash:

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
...Seriously?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

Yeah...that!!
oh and
:liar::biteme::lolsign::eek:wned8: and various other pointless replies because you will not learn anything even with all the people who took time to write a real answer

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nothing else to be said thread closed

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Yeah...that!!
oh and
:liar::biteme::lolsign::eek:wned8: and various other pointless replies because you will not learn anything even with all the people who took time to write a real answer
for god sake i have said sorry ok and none of lisen and im not a fcking troll alright you"s are just a bunch of fck ups

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
nothing else to be said thread closed
Unfortunately it's not so easy.

If you don't want dead mice, a cat is a bad pet choice.
If you don't want dead mice, an outdoor cat is an even worse pet choice.
If you don't want cats to breed you have to get them surgically altered, there is no other way to stop it - unless you can ENSURE the cat is only ever kept indoors and has absolutely no way to escape outside.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
for god sake i have said sorry ok and none of lisen and im not a fcking troll alright you"s are just a bunch of fck ups
What an extremely mature answer young lady, you should be proud of yourself.

Seriously though Meg, can't you see that you're starting to really irritate people on here? Yes, you made up some really stupid lies and quite frankly ask some pretty silly questions, which make you look a lot like a troll. The thing that worries me the most is that if you feel you need to come onto a forum to ask about things that are blindingly obvious, and don't know the answers to simple issues like how to avoid cats killing mice and how to stop them breeding. Also the fact that your rat died and you were unable to provide it with veterinary care is not only very disturbing - it's breaking the law under the Animal Welfare Act. If an organisation like the RSPCA found out the animal died through lack of veterinary care, your parents could be prosecuted for it. All of this points to the fact that at 11 years old you're just not responsible or knowledgeable enough to have sole charge for the care of an animal - THAT's whats annoying people on here. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but that is the picture you have painted for us.

Do yourself a favour - if you seriously want a kitten then you need to spend a LOT of time, at least a few weeks, doing proper research about how to care for it properly BEFORE you go and get it. Spend plenty of time on google reading about it, write down notes to remind you, buy some cat care books, talk to your vet. Also consider the cost of owning a kitten - its not just about going and picking one and paying for it - the average cat costs its owner 18,000 pounds during the course of it's lifetime, and that's not including vet bills if it gets ill or has an accident.

People on these forums WILL help you if you have genuine questions about animal care, but we don't have a lot of time or patience for people that don't take looking after their animals seriously or responsibly. If you come on her with a stupidly obvious question like 'how do I stop a cat from breeding', you can expect people to be unimpressed with you as this is something you should already know about from your own research! If you had come on here and asked something like 'When I get my cat neutered, will it need any special care when I bring it home from the vets?' then we would treat this as a sensible question from a responsible young keeper and do our best to help you.

: victory:

·
Registered
945 Posts
As above! And you're not going to get anywhere by abusing people - that's certainly not going to inspire people to try to help and offer advice.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts