Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Im wanting to grow some water plants (in a seperate tanks) for my turt aquarium.

I was hoping I could get some good advice here, regarding how to treat them, clean them, keep them, grow them and where to place them in the tank.

Basically any advice would help!!!:flrt:

·
Registered
64 Posts
does not really matter where you place them just so long as you dont over crowd the tank nip out dead matter, make sure water is change regualy, make sure good suply of oxygen and i think you can buy co2 canisters at you local aqatic shop co2 boosts plant growth and health

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.
What about cleaning them to prevent algae in my turt tank?
and do i really need CO2, and if so what do you need? just a canister?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was particularly looking at floating plants such as duckweed, amazon frogbit etc

I know turts destroy any plants real quick, but doyou think this type of plant is good?

I dont want plants on the floor of my aquarium because i want my filter to really scour the base.

And i thought they could possible use these types of plants to rest on with their wee-heads out of the water.

·
Premium Member
7,870 Posts
You could have some floating stuff, put, if the tank is high enough, mabey get some dwarf lillies. They are nice, and also, provide a nice turtle dock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts