Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lizard, snake and fish and am looking for something in an invert. Due to my wussy family I cant get a trantula or scorpion are there any other rewarding inverts that I shouldnt overlook be4 giving up?

p.s i had a creyfish for a while

·
Registered
549 Posts
one of my fave Inverts is a Praying mantis, i have always found these absolutly amazing next to spider's,

i love how they turn there heads and catch there food, i'd personally recomend one of those

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
madagascan hissing cockroaches are quite ok to keep as are millepedes but if you want the carnivorious animal go for a centipede but is best treated with caution as bites are very painful

·
Registered
577 Posts
ive just bought an african praying mantis today, in my oppinion they are better than both scorpions and spiders (ive owned both) especially as a display animal

its definatly something worth considering before you give up on inverts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would go with a species of mantidae. Normally cheap, and you can mail order them easily over the internet. Fascinating to watch and a wide variety of species...some that look very peculiar indeed. I saw my first one in the wild and I couldnt beleive how amazing it was, I have kept them ever since. They take up hardly any space and so you could keep loads of them.

Sphrodromantis species are quite easy to keep as a begginer mantis. If you do get one I advise buying some small nymps (that way you get to watch it moult and grow) from the internet, they are normally over priced in petshops.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
ive just bought an african praying mantis today, in my oppinion they are better than both scorpions and spiders (ive owned both) especially as a display animal

its definatly something worth considering before you give up on inverts

nice species of mantis to have, although ive gotta disagree with your statement about being better.............very strongly :smile:

each to their own though:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts