Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
due to the lack of seeing the rarer morphs of beardies over here i have been in contact with dragons den (http://www.dragonsdenherp.com/) over in america who do a nice variety of morphs. personally im interested in either a blood or sunburst :wink:

after contacting them i found out that the shipping,tax etc would be $400 for a single dragon, however the box that is sent can fit several dragons in for the same price, granted these would have to be hatchlings or nothing over 3 months old!

but...due to i only want the one dragon or at a push two, the cost of the shipping i cant justify, hence why i was wondering if anyone else on here would be interested in one of the morphs and could be ordered at the same time. i have a couple of spare vivs that i can setup to house them temporarily until collection is available, and currently thinking of building a bigger viv for mine now which means i would have another 4 foot viv for temporary housing!

if anyone would be interested in this let me know and ill progress things forward, is only an idea at the moment until i get definate numbers etc, the prices of the dragons etc are on the link in the post.

cheers

ian

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
How much per dragon?
I'm guessing the $400 is including one dragon and all the paper work for importing it here? But how much ontop of the 400 ?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$400 is just the shipping cost for id say about 5/6 dragons, maybe more, so the postage would be split however many ways, so would prob be around £50 each and then whatever morph you want to purchase, all different prices ie sunfire, blood, sunburst, lecu, hypos etc etc even do geckos.

not the cheapest of options but chance to get a few of the rarer dragons over here and the people can breed them and make their money back for the initial outlay and break even.

i like to breed animals for the challenge not the profit so id be happy breaking even although others may have different views!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
i dunno bout the bd's they aint ma thing but wow did you see the red creasties if i had the money id go for it but sadly no funds :(
manda xx

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i saw them, do some nice things that i havnt seen over here yet!

i wont be placing the order until the new year like so could always get saving the pennies manda :wink:

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
please be careful...I hav had bloodreds from both fire & ice and dragons den and both died by the age of 6 months, after vet tests, PM's and all the rest, it was put down to severe in-breeding off the reddest to the reddest regardless of relation to produce the morphs.

However, if you do import, I wish you the best of luck! :D

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
Be aware that the $400 is simply the costs to send.

There is likely to be additional costs when they arrive in the uk, customs clearance, animal reception, any care they think is needed.

A friend of mine done this about two years ago, from the states, imported two dragons, he had to pay such extra fees that the total cost of those two was a shade over £2500. He said never again, due to the high cost of processing here in the UK

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:shock: both not good! what other companies could i get the morphs off then which people havnt had a problem with?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nat said:
please be careful...I hav had bloodreds from both fire & ice and dragons den and both died by the age of 6 months, after vet tests, PM's and all the rest, it was put down to severe in-breeding off the reddest to the reddest regardless of relation to produce the morphs.

However, if you do import, I wish you the best of luck! :D
I could see a problem with Fire and Ice ( they suck) but Kevin Dunne is smart enough not to inbreed to a point his dragons die at 6 months old. I have never purchased from Kevin but mostly due to the fact that he raises his dragons outdoors. It is odd that you mention this though because I just had a woman email me about a red from Kevin that died right away. That is rare in Dragons Den history and I have only heard a few complaints in the last few years. That is hard to do with as many dragons as he sells.
I can however try and hook any one up with good breeders in the states if they are looking to import. Be careful though, there are some real stinkers out there. I am going to look into exporting over the winter. I have alot of good friends who breed healthy, big colorful dragons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts