Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know where i can get a incubator for leopard geckos and what is the best type ? i dont want to be having to adjust the temp myself so if anyone knows an incubator that does the lot for you please any advice would be welcome thanks

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
i've just bought one myself as my female about to lay eggs.i had mine off ebay and got recomended it by a friend whos used one.It only cost me £42 new and its simple to use to.confused the hell out of me at first but after you have had a "play" with it,its really easy to use.its called a covatutto 7 and you can get them of a guy who sells loads on there.pm me if you want the guys shop name and ill dig it out for you.also he sells loads of other too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have Covatutto 12

I too bought a Covatutto from ebay but it is the no.12. I originally bought it earlier in the year as we thought our leopard gecko was going to lay eggs, but it was a false alarm.

We tried mating the geckos a second time and this morning the female layed her first egg, which is now in the Covatutto (in a round plastic bowl filled with damp vermiculite!) at a steady temperature of 82 degrees as we want females if possible.

Has anybody else tried these incubators with much luck as I would like some feedback as to how good they are for leopard geckos.

Also want to ask how long it is between the first egg being laid and the second egg, as our female as not as yet laid the second egg yet?

·
Registered
484 Posts
my female seems to pop them both out really quick! never found one then had to wait, she's on her 6th clutch now, just hopping these will hatch!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I made my own out of a polystyrene box. I have put a perspex viewing window in the top and used garden sticks to put the egg tub on and in the bottom there is a heat mat connected to a stat!

The box was free from a local pet shop and I already had the heat mat and stat!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts