Reptile Forums banner

161 - 180 of 853 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I wouldent like the idea of my tortie falling from the second floor to were the bottem of the ramp is, its quite a hight for a tortie, u might wanna put somthing to stop him doing that ;) Nice idea and gl : victory:

This is my new table my leo is coming tomoz :) WOOP!!!

It dose go bk another 2/3 ft of Aspen with a basking area and a hay sleeping area but the pic i took was crud :lol2:
what kind of plants are they. i am looking for some to put in my table but i cant find any. i want one he can eat, 1 he wont eat but if he nibles it wont hurt him and possibly some fake or long ones to cover sides to make the table more natural.

·
Registered
58 Posts
what kind of plants are you using in your tortoise table?
i have 3 heathers and they seem to be doing ok and my hermann likes to run in n out of them

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
This is Bruce's home:

It's changed since, but its the same table. I was actually susprised because when I put him in he was straight up the ramp!! lol

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Wow great job I was a little scared of the ramp at first but you pulled it off :no1:

·
Registered
119 Posts
My Tortoise Table

Just finished it, and now ready for some much deserved fun with it.
Big thanks to all who have shared their experience and knowledge and helped me build it.
Slightly bigger than I expected it to be.... :)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
What type of tort do you keep in there?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Where is the UV? Is there an MVB in that lamp holder?

Soil, good, just keep it nice and deep :2thumb:

I would say that generally if the tortoise is already 4" then the enclosure is already too small and will need upgrading pretty soon, but may be OK if you also have an outdoor enclosure?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Where is the UV? Is there an MVB in that lamp holder?
its just a standard bulb atm until I get the tort. then gonna have an exo clamp lamp with a combined bulb in, just using that for effect and to bake the substrate in the basking area, so it's all ready for when s/he arrives.

the overall size of the enclosure is 75cmx75cmx20cm deep, but will have a 6'square outdoor enclosure sorted by next week, got the screened top soil delivered on monday.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Yes that is a really small tortoise table isn't it!! Most people keep young torts in table twice that size, but it's cool about the combined bulb and the outdoor enclosure though, you'll have to post pics of the new arrival. You must be excited!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got my Horsefield for the wife this weekend. She's 5 year old and here's her new hoose :eek:)

I built a picket fence for her herb garden :lol2:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here is my indoor enclosure - I have had to split it between my two Hermann's as my large male keeps perstering my tiny female (guessing sexes).

This is my large makeshift outdoor enclosure - it will be made properly at the weekend!

:flrt:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi, I am seriously considering getting a mediterraen spur thigh tortoise. If I get a little one, I need to keep him/her in an indoor enclosure when it is cold, what size is appropriate? I have a completely enclosed garden with no other pets and it is impossibly for any other animals to get into the garden (other than birds), so would want to have them outside most of the time when it is warm. I have an outdoor power point already for a basking lamp/heating lamp.

·
Registered
23,314 Posts
Indoor table needs to be as big as possible really - mine are 5ft x about 3ft. Congratulations on the new guy - when's he coming?? Ive got 2 spur thighs and they are lovely : victory:

161 - 180 of 853 Posts