Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so tonight we had to rush my dog to the vets because she wasnt moving, i have been in bits all night because the vets mentioned that it maybe be meningitis or something equally bad because it has attacked her very fast. I have told them to do everything that they can do for her just to get her healthy and home with us and am lost. As we were leaving the vets mentioned about insurance (we have) but because i was in such a state i didnt ask what happens with the bills, if we pay them and then claim from the insurance or if the insurance pays. So has anybod ever claimed on the insurance for their animals and what way does it work?
I also have an exam tomorrow morning and am worried sick because i cant phone them and see what's happening

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think it depends on what type of insurance you have, but they should pay out either way so try not to worry too much, and give them a call when you can.
Hope your pooch will be ok, my thoughts are with you, and good luck for your exam.

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not worried about the money hun not at all and forgot about it when i was told it was £100 for an emergency call out, it was when they asked whilst we were leaving and because im not sure how it works i was a wee bit worried. Paying is not a problem i just want her to get better i was just wondering how i go about it, if i pay then claim or just claim
and thanks for you well wishes hun it means alot xxxx

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thats ok, it doesnt matter how much it costs as long as they can make our pets better. my daughter had a mouse and it got really sick spent nearly £100 on it, managed to survive for about 1 month but it was well worth it it stayed to see christmas in with my little girl and she was over the moon as she had wrapped up treat for it. Bless.

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats ok, it doesnt matter how much it costs as long as they can make our pets better. my daughter had a mouse and it got really sick spent nearly £100 on it, managed to survive for about 1 month but it was well worth it it stayed to see christmas in with my little girl and she was over the moon as she had wrapped up treat for it. Bless.
we take them on and add them to our family so we should have the means to provide for them, even if its a wee mouse lol lol

well hun thanks for the advice much appreciated xx but im all cried out and need to try and sleep or i wont be making my exam in the morning

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
25,693 Posts
The only claim I ever made I had to pay and then send the vets report and bill off and they sent a cheque about a week later.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Usual practice is that you would pay the vets bills as you go along. Then ring the ins company and ask for a claim form or download one off their internet site. You will need to fill in your details, usually on the front page and will include name, address, pet details, policy number and you will also have to sign it somewhere. Then take this form with you to the vets who will submit the form with copies of the invoices to the ins company. You will get a cheque back in the post for the whole amount less the excess which will be shown somewhere on your policy.
Be warned that some vets do charge you for filling out forms, mainly because they are so dam time consuming and ask for lots of information!!

Hope your dog is feeling better today x

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
It can happen both ways.

When Rio had the lump removed out of his jaw I paid and claimed it back. When they told me it was cancer and needed to take his jaw out i told them i didn't have enough spare cash hanging around so they said they'd deal with it.
Who's your insurance company? if its Petplan and the vet is ok claiming you download the form, fill in your part and give it to the vet to complete and send off. You'll get the cheque and then you pay the vets.

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok so the short story is got angel back last night, have to go back next week for the results of the xrays and dont have to pay anything they said that they would deal with it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts