Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
So after many months of deciding and questions on here I finally picked up a 3 month old female Bairds Rat Snake on Saturday.
Have had a few problems with temps and things ( see my numerous questions below ) but am nearly there now.
I am really pleased with the snake, she is already quite long ( approx 18” ) and has only refused one feed in three months. She had until last night to settle in to her new home and was due a feed on Saturday so last night I offered her a pinkie. There was no hesitation or nervousness, took it straight away and munched it down. Ive seen snakes feeding before but it was great to watch knowing she is ours. She even looked like she was looking for more and has taken 2 pinkies a few weeks ago so once she has had even more time to settle in I may offer her 2.
Being our first snake I was nervous about feeding but I checked her this morning and all seemed well so fingers crossed.
Anyway, just thought id let you all know how chuffed I am and thank everybody on here who’s provided some input over the last few months.
Pictures to follow hopefully later in the week once her foods digested.

Regards,

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe got my maths wrong, prob more like 10 - 12 " :oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts