Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

We have 2 geckos, one of which is a female who has been kept separate until she is ready to be put in with our male. We have taken all previous advice into account during the separation. However, we now feel the time is right to introduce them. Are there any particular methods we should take into account or any helpful advice?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
when i was introducing my beardies i god them in a secure room, put them both on a flat surface for 15 minutes and then put them in the viv, when in the secure room the male might do his thing straight away but it depends from male to male, i dont know if this will work with leos, but it sure did with beardies!!

luke

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I introduced mine as friends in a nutral viv and that seemed to work well. I would suggest half hour spots at a time of they seem a little scared of each other or if one seems a bit nasty to the other.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Well, I'd Clean The Viv Out, So Theres No territory thingamabob then introduce them on the floor for 10 mins then put them in viv and watch them like a hawk:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all. We introduced Lucy into the viv today and had her there for 15mins. Her and my male (Seph) licked each other a bit, then she run off wagging her tail slightly. He...err... just went to bed, haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts