Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Finally got to pick up my Male Green Anole from Porton pets today. He is stunning! Also my Mrs fell in love with a female Palm Gecko, so I got her aswell. They are both in the same tank just for now as wasn't planning on getting both. Have ordered a 18 x 18 x 36 eco terra and will put him in there and eventually with two or three females (when I can find some!).
Andy at Porton was brilliant and took time to chat and answer questions. I'm planning to go back in a few months time for more purchases.
Here are some pics. The anole is called Hulk and the Palm gecko is called Indie:

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Scares me a little in that setup but best of luck in the future.

Always liked palm geckos when the shop I worked at had them but the speed and the biting scared me a little, but they were all fresh WC :blush:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I have to agree with herper. Housing any species of Gekko with something else wouldn't be something I would entertain. They can all be extremely aggressive hunters and will take on just about anything. I'm hoping the shop didn't realise they were going together, but on the other hand I hope they asked about your set-ups for them so really they should know. Could you not have bought a vivarium or at least a faunarium at the shop?

Anyway Palms are great looking little geckos and yours is no different, apart from the little problem with the tail.

Gavin.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I knew I would get some people not happy with them being together but I have said I've ordered another tank which will be here tomorrow. They seem to be getting on fine. If I didn't think they'd would get on I wouldn't put them together. There's plenty of coverage and hides in there too.

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
ahhhh

Please do separate these ASAP.

Not only do they come from different continents but they have totally different parameters of care.

Not to mention that these geckos are opportunistic feeders and given the chance will snack on the anoles.

Hiding spaces do not always help ;-)

Enjoy your new pets, provide them with the parameters that they have evolved to utilise and you will have many happy years.

Watch the anoles also, males fight! you will need probably 3-6 females per male I find to stop aggression and to stop the male persecuting a single female. the issues are...that most of the 'females' are just young males. So be careful

Good luck!

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts