Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where i can find some irian jaya carpet python babies? i live in west yorkshire between leeds/bradford and looking for a baby irian jaya,hard to find,checked out snakes n adders but there cross coastals that they have in stock,,would consider a yearling,anyone have any ideas?? (y);)

·
Registered
10,151 Posts
Google is great!
A simple search, "Irian jaya carpet pythons for sale UK" brought results straight away including a 5 foot female for £50.
That price is a bargain. If you then factored in a reptile courier, which is around £40 door to door the that's still under £100.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The interest in Irian jaya carpet pythons ( or west Papuan carpets as they are now more commonly known) is on the increase. The fact that little to no work has really been done with them, so the possibilities to selectively breed them is huge, that factored with the fact that they are the one and only carpet that we can still legally import and obtain wild caught blood, makes Then hugely appealing.
Their value is slowly increasing, and I’m pretty sure that in time good specimens will reach the same level of appeal and price as jungles. I’m sure you can still find average animals at relatively cheap prices, but well bred animals with lineage will cost that little bit more.

I own and breed quite a large amount of IJ, if there is anything I can do to help please do not hesitate to drop me a PM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts