Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I had a little incident today. I let my 19 month old beardie "Dougie" out for a while and he managed to get under the TV unit. Without thinking, I pulled it out slightly and leaned over to pick him up but as you can imagine he felt threatened and went completely flat and had black puffed beard so I lay him on floor to calm down.

When he went behind TV unit I noticed he had curled almost into a ball, his tail folded in toward him which is very unusual, normally he likes to be a starfish when hes sleeping/tired :lol2:

So I tempted him with some worms and eventually managed to pick him up to put him back in his viv.

When I went back to check on him I noticed he was at the back of his viv doing the same again, curled up.

He has been pretty sleepy the last few days but has been eating tonnes. I was wondering if this is him maybe starting Brumation?

Im just confused with him eating as normal, I read they normally go off food during this period

·
Super Moderator
9,600 Posts
He may eventually stop eating, he probably is just slowing down first. As long as he does not lose significant weight then he should be fine. Any concerns then see a vet as he may be unwell.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts