Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am a uni student looking into getting a corn snake or a rosy boa. i have never done this before and wanted to know whether it would be a good idea to get a snake now or wait a bit for when i have settled down. i do move around quite a bit and am planning on going on holidays for a week or two at a time, although i will be living in student accommodation so i could ask one of my flatmates to look after it for me while i am away. i would have to move it to my GF's over the summer break as my parents live in germany and i don't want to take it on a ferry as i don't think i could regulate its temperature enough and it would get stressed.

·
Super Moderator
16,552 Posts
My opinion - no, best to wait. Quite likely that if you are living in student accommodation animals are not permitted.

I would say wait until you are settled with a job, a permanent location etc. At the moment, a lot of it is relying on other people.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It can be hard enough to look after reptiles when you have settled in one place for a while, so I'd wait. Do they have reptiles at your University that need looking after? Perhaps you can help out and learn more about keeping them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thank you both, i have decided to find out if we have a reptile/snake society at my uni and if so then see if i can help out there instead of getting my own snake.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You could also as on your uni Facebook group if there are others interested in reptiles, and if there is no society at your uni you could start one up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts