Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi so about 4 days ago my german shephard gave birth to 11 pups it wasnt done on purpose and we didnt even know she was pregnant untill she was about 6 weeks gone and when we found out we got our male dog castrated and as soon as we have homed the pups she will be getting spayed so non of the crap about me bein stupid and shudnt of let it happen its already happened dont need a lecture but i need to no if her bleeding 4 days on is normal i went on the internet and it said that dark coloured blood is normal but bright is not hers is bright also its not just a couple of drops its not a lot but there is quite a bit she seems fine in herself and is feeding pups properly and eating and drinking normally so was just wondering if you could give me some advise please thankss shes booked into the vets in a couple of days

·
Registered
13,799 Posts
get her to the vets in the morning if the blood she`s loosing is red rather than brown or greeny coloured.

she needs checking over asap. could be a small tear inside or worse

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i tried but they said they said they didnt have appointment untill wednesday and they said because shes been bleeding for 4 days and shes acting normal thats its probably nothing and she could wait but if she ets worse take her to the emergency vets. the vets i go to is fairly cheap and i cant really afford to go to any others because i had to pay for my male and my female dogs to get neutered which was a pretty penny anything else i could do to check for if not ill just have to take to another vets cant leave her if its something bad

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
a greenish colour discharge for about 24 hours after birth is normal and this changes to a brownish red blood colour discharge that can go on for a few weeks (reducing as time passes) this brownish red discharge goes on for longer if she had a big litter as it originates from the individual placenta sites. tbh with you my girls always see a vet within 24 hours of having their litters.

Have you bred dogs before?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
once before with my other dog but she didnt do the same thing as this one plus my other dog only had 8 pups but she had the green discarege but the dog that has just had pups has red discharge i wont be breeding again i dont like parting with the pups this time was a complete accident

1 - 5 of 5 Posts