Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
until last week i was only dusting my crickets for ackies once a week

but have since been told to do it every day

i am worried that my female will not posess enough calcium when she starts laying will this be okay she is 10 months old

thanx Rich: victory:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I don't tend to dust crickets (I'll probably get flamed for saying that :lol2:), instead I dust waxies and mealies and hand feed them so I know exactly what they're getting. I do that for both calcium and nutrabol. I do nutrabol once a week and calcium pretty much everytime I give them waxies. And they have a pinkie once a month for a bit of extra calcium which I generally dust with nutrabol.

This is mainly because I detest dusting crickets and they usually clean themselves anyway...

If she does start to lay perhaps up the pinkie intake, like you said she will need some extra calcium. I've always been a bit sceptical about letting them breed so young but I've spoken to a few better experiened keepers/breeders and they all seem to say that the females don't tend to put out until they're ready which is handy

: victory:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Im the same as miffkins - i dont dust my crickets - i dust my locust and worms and odd pinkie

within an hour the calcium dust has vanished from crickets - locust dont live an hour once dusted - in and gone!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts