Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I tried giving my cali king, who is in shed blue eyes and grey colours), a fuzzy, as I was told that if a snake wants to feed during shed, feed it, but it didn't want to feed, is it okay to refreeze the mice and use them again, or not?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Not as a rule once thawed they shouldn't be refrozen this leads to loss of nutrients and as far as I know isn't good for snake either

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I wouldnt eat refrozen food, so i wouldnt expect my snakes to, its not worth the risk for only a couple of quid.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
thats it, deffo no.. the odd mouse isnt too expensive really

·
Banned
1,685 Posts
thanks from me too guys. i was wondering that too. but it was the transportation of the mice i was thinking about. i have been taking a tupperware box packed with ice with me to pick them up though.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Get a cool bag/box and a couple of ice packs. I use a polystyrene cool box with ice packs and mice stay frozen in there all day, even in summer. Put the mice in a carrier bag with ice packs either side of them, and fill any spare space in the box/bag with screwed up newpaper/more carrier bags for extra insulation.

·
Banned
1,685 Posts
i will do that. thanks for that advice. i was worried all the way home what would happen if i got stuck in traffic. will do that though.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
wouldn't feed refrozen wouldn't ant to cause any problems to my snakes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts