Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is Jampea retic Siver eyes?/ Orange eyes?

My Jampea got silver eyes and nothing change.

snakeseller and quixotic_axolotl(Mason and Sami)'s Jampeas got orange eyes and snakeseller said to me "they can change their eye colour".

According to some retic sites, there are descriptions of thier eyes "silver".

I am ok with my Jampea with silver eyes.
but..
a bit confuse.

Yeah, most retic is....orange eyes and we love them.

Is it localitiy matter?

???

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
From what I have seen , Retic's eye colours can change but also I have noticed that most WC Jampea have silver eyes and alot of CB have orange ...which may or may not change

Mike

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I have seen , Retic's eye colours can change but also I have noticed that most WC Jampea have silver eyes and alot of CB have orange ...which may or may not change

Mike
U~mm...but mine is Bob Clark creation...100%.

But your saying could be one of matter. WC...siver CD..orenge

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Im not saying that WC have silver and CB have orange , I have seen more CB animals with Orange than WC. I also have a WC Jampea with more orange than sliver bit of a mix and also have one with black eyes.

Mike

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all right. But is it locality thing? or just individual natural colour?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
My jampea has silver eyes and is also from bob clark. Ive had her over a year and never seen any hint of a colour change (in her eyes that is!).

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My jampea has silver eyes and is also from bob clark. Ive had her over a year and never seen any hint of a colour change (in her eyes that is!).
me neither.
I really would see your silver eyed jampea. If you got some picture, please post it here.:up:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Think you have mis understood about the eye colour change , I have never seen an animal with sliver eyes change there eye colour but I have seen a animal with orange eye change there eye colour over a long period of time.

4 Jampea's

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
Is it not just a growing up thing? The eye colour change from orange to silver that is?

Do any Jampea adults have orange eyes?

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
we're hoping our Jampea's eyes change colour to silver...

that was one of the things that helped us decide which one we wanted.. we both loved the silver eyes...

Sami

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it is , thats what I was trying to say to Yusu. His Jampea has silver eyes and wont change to orange .....

Mike
Oh. OK. sorry Mike..with my poor English understanding...
Now I got it.

Well, it means my jampea might have got orenge eyes before?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Oh. OK. sorry Mike..with my poor English understanding...
Now I got it.

Well, it means my jampea might have got orenge eyes before?
Its also my fault as im Sh*t at explaining things.....lol

Yes there is a chance your Jampea could of had orange eyes... but its not always the case.

Mike

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its also my fault as im Sh*t at explaining things.....lol

Yes there is a chance your Jampea could of had orange eyes... but its not always the case.

Mike

I ask her the fact. lol

I always wanted a orange eyed retic, but no big mainland or others.
dwarf or super drawf. But my retic was only one which I could get in this year. You might don't know that the fact there are no many retic keepers in Japan, though there are some funs.
Because of their housing size and some bad reputation.
1 in 20 or 40shops sell retics and not many every year. They are not sold anyway.

It was the fact that I have fallen love with my Jampea, but I would have seen her orange eyes. hehehe

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we're hoping our Jampea's eyes change colour to silver...

that was one of the things that helped us decide which one we wanted.. we both loved the silver eyes...

Sami

Mine is small, but she is 3yr old already.

You jamps will go to be silver. Mybe's maybe.

I love my jamp's brue-silver eyes very much.:2thumb:

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Dunno if this will work but here goes...

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Not the best pic sorry was using my phone! Shes about 2 and just over 8 feet.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
O is it you that has the boelens?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
i dont usually get involved in these but i think i can shed a bit of light on this, i have a pair of wc jampeas from the first shipment to europe, there eye colour has changed constantly over the 8 years of keeping them from silver to greeny silver, to bronze yellow,it called octogenic i believe and jampeas and sulawesi are the only retics which do this?the snakes mason sami and mike have are from my breeding of the above the babieseye colour is bright orange the remaining babies i have kept are bright orange,nothing like the colour of the adults eyes, i have personally never relyed on eye colour of any locality retic, i go on patternisation and colouration,
anyone remember the blue eyed bali?, i was in a shop a few weeks ago and thge shop owner mentioned all true bali retics should have blue eyes,( anyone who has a blue eyed bali please feel free to drop him off at mine and i will give you currant shop price lol,) you have to remember breeder/shops have to relay on truth of exporters on localities/collection points of retic and i have read that some of the top breeders in america have found a couple of should i say different localities in with dwarf shipment to bulk out the order, so unless you personally collect them from source,who knows what your getting,
if anyone has a copy of reptiles, nov 1999 an american magazine, it has a picture of an original pair of jampea retics male has bronze eyes, female has distinctive greeny eyes, an arument which will rage on i think,stewart

1 - 20 of 41 Posts