Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious if my leo seems to be maturing well. It's still quite young and too small to sex. I bought it at petco; i know, for shame, but i've had some lizard experience and figured i'd be able to raise it up right. and if it didn't do so well, i did get it on sale for $15, so not financially a huge loss.

luckily the little leo has been eating and pooping like a champ, and doing great! one thing that i'm worried about is weight gain; over the time i've had it i've only seen an increase of about 5 grams. not super unusual I suppose but a little worrisome. Is this normal? also, is it physically looking normal for its size, or a little skinny? a lot skinny? i know it varies from gecko to gecko but for reference it just measured in at 5 1/2 inches (14 cm) a few days ago, and 14 grams.

aaand here's a bunch of pictures, totally just for reference and not for showing off at ALL

taken not long after I bought it. One of the smallest geckos they had in stock! :C this was taken october 25 (got the geck on october 17)

this one was novermber 10th, so close to a week and a half ago. already seeing some growth! :)

and here's a pic i snapped tonight. i found the tile to be an excellent indicator of scale lol.

here's another comparison with my hand...

this one was taken two weeks ago, so about 3 weeks after purchase.

and one i took yesterday. hand is also a fairly good measure of scale.

this post is partially out of paranoia, and partially out of my desire to show everyone my adorable leo

·
Registered
314 Posts
Mine was even smaller, took the one with the thinnest tail, realized how tiny she was, now shes very fit a year later :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Everything appears fine, make sure your temperatures are correct (through out the viv) and keep it fed up & everything should fall into place.

Keep it's live food gut loaded, and keep a moist box for shedding.

basically just follow the care sheets, and everything will fall into place.

i presume you're doing that anyway, everything appears fine dude.. a bit small/skinny but that's probably just a age thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.