Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 4 month old beardie who is 12 inches long nose to tail ind in good health i was wondering is he ok to go on sand now as he is currently on paper or should i wait cos there seems to be mixed opinions on this subject any help or guidance is much apprerciated:help:

·
Registered
179 Posts
At any age a bearded dragon can suffer from impaction
Make sure to give him lots of calcium to make sure he doesn't eat his bedding
I keep mine on paper

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
i wouldnt even bother puttin him on sand, go for tile. so much better and easy to clean : victory:

Hope this helps :2thumb:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Don't put him on sand! I know some people say they have put theirs on sand for a long time and had no problems but its not worth the risk of impaction. I use some drawer liner, its grey and bobbly and looks cool- plus George can't eat it, its wipe clean and crickets/insects cant get underneath it. Its eay to take out and clean too. Tiles are a good option too but can be a little more expensive and if the fit isn't right can hide insects. Either are a way better choice than sand- even reptisand! In my opinion its not worth the risk. I picked up the liner from ebay for 6 pound and its a long roll so i can cut it down and change it a few times before it runs out.

Good luck :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts