Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i got two female corns which i want to breed next year but also have an 8 year old female and i not sure if she too old to have her first clutch.Some people have said she too old but others say it should be fine,i don't want to do it if it risking her health but it would be nice to get at least one clutch from her.Any thoughts would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i breed mine to 10, i do know people that breed older with no problems, but personally i stop at 10 for ladies

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is she too old

Thanks for that,i was thinking that way but not sure because it would be her first time. Just need to grow my male a bit more cos she a big lass.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
if shes a big girl then itslikely it will be good for her to do it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what i hoping for cos she a little chunky,i only give her one mouse every 7-10 days but she not the most active either.Do you think it will calm her down she such a moody cow,one day she fine the next she goes for you.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
give her one a fortnight..
how much does she weigh?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure have never weighed her but she not as fat as that other corn on the forum.To be honest she normal size but my male only 15mths old so he small compared to her.She almost 5 foot and is a snow corn,tried feeding her fortnightly before but gets really nasty after about 10 days so it safer keeping it to that.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
he will catch up, he doesnt have to be that big anyway.. shoul dbe ok for next summer as long as hes eating only

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah he a good eater on adult mice now still a bit unhappy with being handled but getting their only had him a couple of months,a friend was going to keep him for breeding but changed his mind so don't think he was handled much.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Best clutch of eggs I got was from a nearly 19 year old Miami Corn... It was an accidental breeding because the male that got her was popped as being female and they were in the same tank together. She originally laid 10 eggs, 2 were bad straight from get-go, 1 died a couple weeks before the others hatched, but out of the 7 that did hatch, they all shed perfectly, ate frozen/thawed right away and are growing nicely... I sold them all at the show a couple weeks ago, but keep in touch with a couple of the people who bought them....
Steve

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it sounds like my little lady shall not be a virgin for very long.Thanks for the advice guys,should be a nice mating snow corn x reverse okeetee (lots of orange in him,so not sure tech name for that morph)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nice, you will get nice colours from those two! I'm also gonna do my first breeding in a year or so :D with my Butter het motley and Normal of witch we think might have some kind Het for something yellow maybe even motley. :)

Good luck on your breeding spit.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yeah good luck with that dude

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
sure he will...
theres millions of egg pictures in march and april time

·
Premium Member