Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
URGENT:Is space a problem for crested geckos?!p

for some reason..........(not sure if this is true for all thats why i am posting,,) but when i put a really tame crestie in a viv too big for her, she wasnt as freidnly.....

now...
i have my new vivs, should i put my lil ones in them or will the sae thing happen..

the geckos are about 3 inches at the most, but the vivs are 2 x 1.5 x 1.5

2 foot tall.

what shold i do ... leave tem in there lil plsatci ones till big enough or..?

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
i put my little ones in a 30x30x30 and there is loads of room for them (5)as they are only a couple of weeks old.i think if a animal is kept in a open space viv they are bound to be unhappy as its a open space and they feel threatend as they are visable to preditors.of course in your viv there is no preditors but its only nature for it to feel unhappy in the big viv.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i put my little ones in a 30x30x30 and there is loads of room for them (5)as they are only a couple of weeks old.i think if a animal is kept in a open space viv they are bound to be unhappy as its a open space and they feel threatend as they are visable to preditors.of course in your viv there is no preditors but its only nature for it to feel unhappy in the big viv.
kk its just i have their vivs now!! hehe, and there little things they are in now seem to small.... what if i have LOADS of hiding places etc etc etc... ?

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
kk its just i have their vivs now!! hehe, and there little things they are in now seem to small.... what if i have LOADS of hiding places etc etc etc... ?
that would make them feel more secure but you might not see much of them.personally i would try get a small viv to make do for the mean time untill they are a little bigger.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that would make them feel more secure but you might not see much of them.personally i would try get a small viv to make do for the mean time untill they are a little bigger.

what about putting there little ones in the viv with the lid off, so they can stay in the safe lil one, or go in to tthe bigger one?............

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
what about putting there little ones in the viv with the lid off, so they can stay in the safe lil one, or go in to tthe bigger one?............
yeah that would be fine for them.just have to put a plant or sick sticking out the box.they will climb out of it though so after a while they just wont use the little one just hide all the time.mine hige in the little one now.they seem to just vanish in their :lol2:

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah that would be fine for them.just have to put a plant or sick sticking out the box.they will climb out of it though so after a while they just wont use the little one just hide all the time.mine hige in the little one now.they seem to just vanish in their :lol2:

hehe ill do thatthen, so when they want to .... / in the end.... they will go in to the big wide world!!!

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
hehe ill do thatthen, so when they want to .... / in the end.... they will go in to the big wide world!!!
yeah shouldnt take long.would of thought they would be out in a hour or so.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah shouldnt take long.would of thought they would be out in a hour or so.
kk should i leave it in the big tank for a few weeks, so they get used to it.... and they can go back to ttheir lil one if they want to?

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
kk should i leave it in the big tank for a few weeks, so they get used to it.... and they can go back to ttheir lil one if they want to?
can do but i dont think they will use it much.depends if you have curious cresties or big whimps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts