Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I recently got my first pet snake, it is a young ball python. I am really enjoying him, however, he is constantly trying to escape from his terrarium. He has succeeded once, but I have secured it so that he doesn't get out and injure himself or get lost. I am just worried that he is unhappy or that his inclosure is too small, etc. He tries to exit out the top and falls over on his back alot. Someone please let me know if this is normal or is my poor snake stressed or unhappy??? The terrarium is 20 gallons and he is approx 1.5 ft long. Thanks, any help would be great.

G

·
is it an all glass tank??????
if so theres your problem...you shouldnt keep a royal in a all glass tank.....get the royal in a propper viv...with plenty of hides and cover and you shouldnt have a problem...plus they cant escape.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
lol royals are GREAT escape artists...all of mine are now kept in wooden vivaiums with glass sliding doors with LOCKS xx

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
all snakes will escape given the chance, make sure there are no holes big enough to get out of, you'll be surprised how small a hole it will squeeze through, best advice is to use a wooden viv with glass sliding doors and locks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts