Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys just bought a box for my boa when it arrives just wondering if it is ok?

i have a heatmat and stat will just be using newspaper until it moves into a viv what else will i need? what size hides will i need for now im just babbling on here :lol2: just cant wait to get her

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
should be fine but you might have to put a weight on top,you would be better with a 9l rub from staples. i just got mine from there for my new boa (cheers kathryn). what ever you do remember to put holes in it.

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
Would definitely want to put something on the lid to ensure that it's secure.
Also might want to upgrade the size of the tub in about 6 months/
Depends how big and old the Boa is, plus what type of boa?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Someone has been to the Range lol

It should be fine for a few months but as stated you may need to put some weight on it or tape down the edges.I saw these earlier today and noticed that the lids do not snap on as tight as i would have liked them to.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I personally prefer Really Useful Boxes as the handles 'snap' onto the lid to hold it securely. I can tell in a glance that the lid is on and secure - which helps my "did I shut the viv" paranoia. :) Should be fine though if you can secure the lid - using a couple of bungy cords around the tub would also do the job.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for the replies the boa is one of faroopnorthsnakes babies i know about the lid im gonna secure that and put holes in for ventilation (cheers gibby) the box will be inside an empty viv anyway so if she does escape it will only be as far as the viv lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
i had something like that for my common boa kept him in there for a month then put him into a 3 foot viv and now im making him a bigger one for when he needs it

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yes, but it may only last him for a year or so.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats cool like i said the box will be inside an empty 4ft viv so she will move into that then i'll build a 6ft viv when she's bigger

·
Premium Member
16,486 Posts
most baby boas are pretty good feeders and not too stressy. If you put enough hides in the viv and it is not in too busy an area, it will probably do fine straight in there.

If you dont want to do that then the tub you have got will be fine - just make sure you get enough ventilation, although boas do like a bit of humidity but these plastic ones do get very humid so be careful

·
Registered
714 Posts
In my opinion its not big enough to last more than about 2 months.

If thats the box i think it is the external dimensions are 27x35x 24cm, Approx 1 cubic foot.

Id go for a 18l R.U.B with ventilation holes. It will only cost about £7.50

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
At the moment they are in 9ltr RUBS with half coconuts for hides. They like to be secure so spend a fair amount of time in their hides (until we all go to bed anyway. Most are feeding now, so you should all be getting your babies in a couple of weeks :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At the moment they are in 9ltr RUBS with half coconuts for hides. They like to be secure so spend a fair amount of time in their hides (until we all go to bed anyway. Most are feeding now, so you should all be getting your babies in a couple of weeks :2thumb:
YAY:notworthy:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts