Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
have you got a pic? that would make things easier.
what does the underside of the corn snake look like?

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
butters to bloodred gives you het for sulfer... theres not many of them about.
basically you get dark yellow butters with a clear under belly

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
well its def not a blood, and probably not a hypo either...
to be honest whatever you breed to that snake you are only likely to get normals, and as a bonus amybe amels, snows or anerys.
as for lavs?, yeah sulfer are miles rarer.
theres only afew people that have done them... at the end of the day though, being realsitic, you're not likely to produce something that hasnt been produced before,as andy says (i think was him) get hets.. that way you will get something different.
i'm not looking for a sale here, this is just an example..
i bred an amel motley to a hypo lavender.
if you breed the babies back, you really dont know what you will get BUT, you could get opal motleys, hypo lavender motleys, lavender motleys, amel motleys, normals, normals motleys, hypos etc... this sort of thing is great to start with as you really have no idea, but at the same time you're likely to produce something quite rare out of that lot.. thats why i am keeping most of them :lol:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
to be totally honest mate, if you wanna try and breed then just do it.
dont worry about what you will get.. if you get it right with the common morphs then go onto something else.
there must be a reason people havent made too many sulfers, i dont know what it is, but there must be one.
i know sci off of here has some hets, or his brother does.
bloodreds are not too common at the moment, which is good, but i just dont think yours is.
this is one of mine when she was younger, you will see she is clear underneath... in order to be bloodred your snake would need to look similar..

and one of here from the top too..

shes only 18 months or so there, so theres plenty more colouring to come out over the next 2/3 years.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
using a charcoal and a bloodred you can make these... they are pewters, pretty rare over here right now.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
or if you were really adventurous and a bit lucky, you could put it to one of these to make hets for hypo lavender bloodred...
they are worth a fortune, over a grand here..

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
that blood is mine yes.
well if you breed a blood to your snake and you get all normals you will know that yours isnt a blood i guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.