Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes pics of the snake would help greatly. if the pic is of the snake you showed us in the first post then what you have is a normal and to bo honest not much breeding propects would there be in breeding it with a butter or a blood red... mind you with a blood red it could be fasinating to see as i have never had anly dealings with bloodreds but with butter i got nothing from 3 breeding seasons and 4 clutches from a butter corn and a sunglow... i would recomend you a get a corn het for snow or better yet try and get any type of snow, or amel. Or you could try with butter but its not too recomended... i would be highly interested in what results you got from breeding butters nige?? Because they are beutiful snakes but fruitless for me...

another possibility for you snake sould be also an anery if you want the darker colours but the thing with that is you would get a high ratio of normal corns in your clutch and the money doesnt lie there my friend. So in sum, if i had your snake, i would get a snow to breed it with or even a blizzard, which would be good but liable to produce a lot of normals. You could also try with a stripe corn, to produce some stripe hatchlings, they are cool looking snakes and have a good market value. Anyway mate good luck with whichever breeding project you choose.

·
Registered
324 Posts
my first breeding project was a male normal het stripe and an amel stripe... got terrific results mate! er... well you could defo go for bloodred, as you're snake has relatively low black a bloodred would be good. And yes there is a market for bloodreds. you rarely ever see one here in ROI and i've been to loads of reptile shops about the country and the dealers told me they're hard to get hold of in this country. so if you could get one and succesfully breed good hatchlings...! cha-ching!

as for your corn and an anery, wouldn't recomend it. normal's and anery's are a grey spot for me, but i think it would produce anything interesting unless either is het for something. You could try a butter but a blood red would be better. And before you do attempt to breed (and its relativly easy and quite fun to see the results) do read up mate.

·
Registered
324 Posts
oh and breeding your snake with a stripe would be good as people tend to jump for stripped hatchlings. and if you're snake IS in fact a okeetee, then mate you'll get very nice snakes indeed with a striped! then you could get a amel corn too to produce amel striped as they are class too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.