Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for gettin red eyed tree frogs?
the guy i get my reps of is havin problems, is it just difficult transporting them in winter? i suppose it makes sense doesnt it there will be more chance of them dying in the cold

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
always a pain transporting anything this time of year...there are some around..know of someone that has four he is selling but he won't transport(too cold)....don't know of anyone on n.ireland selling sorry!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
we had some red eyed tree frogs in afew months back but like everyone else says its the cold why not wait till they come back in season rather than having wild caught ones i really do not agree with people having wild caught animals they will never be happy in a vivarium after being free also alot of wild caught herps tend to have parasites and there is a higher chance of a W C herp ending up with rubbed snout as they may be more likely to try and escape than a CB animal just my opinion really lets leave the free herps in the wild and continue to breed them in captivity so we can learn more about our favourite species x

·
Registered
520 Posts
While I agree with the comments on wild caught and shop wise I dont stock WC whenever possible I disagree with the arguement that Wild caught should never be kept.

WC should be introduced FOR BREEDERS to reestablish bloodlines in ALL captive bred reptiles at some stage.

I was going by Lil Chrissy's reputation and from what i've gathered about her and I know she is experienced enough to hopefully breed these beautiful animals and introduce some much needed new blood into captivity

Just wanted to clear that up ;-)

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
fair nuff...you have a point but is amazing how many people import wc because they are cheaper...i unfortunately have seen the 'shipping' of wc mantella's first hand and half of them were dead...not nice...
When certain species are imported to help an overbred bloodline then this can be justified but any loss of life in doing this is never a good thing..how can it be?

·
Registered
520 Posts
for the sake of saving a couple of quid its not worth my selling WC.

As anyone who's been in my shop knows NOTHING leaves me until I'm 110% sure of it ( I have water dragons that came in stressed before I opened and They only went on sale monday due me me letting them settle first)

WC you can never be sure of so I just avoid and will only bring in if there is a VERY good cause for it. (ie breeders wanting new blood.... CB impossible etc etc)

I know the conditions WC are shipped in and hate the suffering of ANY animal just as any animal lover should.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'm thinking of getiting some next year when it warms up I'll have too see also need more experience with tree frogs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts