Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last December i bought my first leo, she fell ill within a few days, she had Parasites which caused a iternal blockage aswell so she was impacted, and then from not eating she got mbd. Well she recovered about 4 weeks later the vet gave her the clear. Shes never eaten alot for a leo her age (8months) she will at most eat 6 mealworms apart from just after she recovered where she was eating 8 a day, but she seems to have gone down hill recently, shes been pacing, a decrease in appetite for example night before last she ate nothing, last night she ate a waxworm and a mealworm she'd get intrested then just lick it. Temps are all Ok 90farenheit Day 78/80 Night. Shes ok in herself but her appetites not so good. Ive been in the process of taming her this week and last and just wondered if this is why she is pacing or a loss of appetite.

Also Last night i found this poo, can anyone link it to possible problem? the pictures are last night and this morning. I've still got panacur with the safe prescription + a tub of Critical care formula with a prescription. And clean packeted syringes. What does anyone think? Please help any advice would be appreciated

Should i buy some repti(or repto boost) ive heard its ment to get there appetite up? if so how would i go about using it ive heard you can give it in there water or by mouth?

thanks

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,619 Posts
That poo looks as if she has just shed.

My advice would be to get a faecal sample tested for parasites rather than just medicating willy nilly. There are many parasites that Panacur will not treat. You can get this done by www.palsvetlab.co.uk You say she was given the all clear by the vet - did this involve testing her poo?

I would also keep her temps up at 90-95F on the floor of the warm side of the viv 24/7. There is no need for a temp drop at night.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she shed last week, the spot under the lamp the floor heat is about 98 i use that as like a basking spot which she goes on alot

she didnt test the poo, i will have her checked for that then

1 - 3 of 3 Posts