Reptile Forums banner

iStat LED Systems Review

Tags
istat
2K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  Nikkifer 
Im currently in the process of making my own thermostat/humidity guage, with a full LCD display able to scroll through and check temps of each tank. I will be programming it to email me at work throughout different times in the day with the temps and humidity of each tank. Eventually I would like to hook it up to my misting system so I can tell it to mist my chameleon when his humidity drops.

it will be my adventure for 2013 :2thumb:

How will you be doing the email side of things Nikkifer
Also just out of curiosity what LCD are you using, we have decided that any future models wont have LCD now.
Well I'm rather lucky lol my other half is a software engineer/developer so I will be getting him to write me a full programme,
as for the LCD again not sure yet it's all in the planning stages as I can't decide wether to introduce fans into my vivariums for the summer. My plan is tp be able to have the thermostat report to me at my work pc with all the temps, they will be connected to a calender which will insinuate the times of sunrise and subset by dimming my bulbs, in summer I hope to be able tomonitor the temps and when they get to high dim the lights and flick a small computer fan on to cool it down. all caged ofc causing no harm to the snakes. But as I say it's all in the planning stages I'm hoping to create a thread in January with the start of it.

Sounds cool, we have something thats pretty much identical to what you described, only we dont have the LCD displays.

If your other half is a software engineer/developer (pretty much the same as me) then may i reccomend using a 64x128 pixel Graphical LCD display, there super easy to interface to and use pretty basic software that can be found all over the web.
Awesome, thanks dude. Im only really making it for home use as I want one unit to control 6 large vivariums as its getting costly buying thermostats that do nothing but dim the bulb lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.