Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided last month to upgrade my baby rack system. As a result I have a friend of mine in Charlotte, NC building these for me. The first two arrived at the weekend, and I have 4 more on order. Might need and other 2 to 4 on top of that again if all goes well. Each holds 10 sterlite containers, lidless. Heat is run on the inside of the back. Once the others arrive next month I will stack them accordingly, run the heat and thermostat, and get these fired up.

Warren

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, these are incredible racks. I am extremely happy with them. For this two it cost me $80 (so about 45 pounds). He wants some of my blood pythons so the ext group of 4 or 6 will be in trade. I aso have him designing a rack to hold larger sterlites for subadults, and then cb70 iris tubs for adult dwarf boas nd subadult Colombians.

Warren

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, these are built from the same plastic material as many of the boaphile style cages are built from.
They will be heated by 12" wide flexwatt heat tape on the inside of the back wall. They are designed so that the heat tape can be inserted into the back, preventing heat loss.

I am looking forward to getting the rest of these hear. They are simply fantastic baby racks.

Warren

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
damn good use of space !!!
not an inch wasted...

·
Super Moderator
12,018 Posts
Cracking looking racks!

nice Warren, gotta build myself a hatchling rack. Not doing it until I have eggs though, call me superstitious :whip:
When you get some of those boa eggs, let me know, I know a guy in Nigeria who can sell them for you!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Look very very good warren and a steal at that price we could all do with friends like that. I'm just about to start making a hatchling for my boas and I couldn't even get the tubs for that money and finding good tubs is another thing yeah the rubs are good but when your not useing the lids there a lot of money. Oh the stresses of keeping boas lol

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
great price for the rack. what sort of size is it, hard to tell from the picture but looks quite big: victory:

next two weeks here we should be doing some building! got vivs to make for the bredli's then growing on rack and hatchling racks for boas... never seems to stop!

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Hi Warren

very nice looking racks there , great use of space

I've got to build new racking soon , got the tubs sorted, going to cut out the board at the end of the month then will make them up
I will post pics when I get it finished

Kev

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Hi Warren

very nice looking racks there , great use of space

I've got to build new racking soon , got the tubs sorted, going to cut out the board at the end of the month then will make them up
I will post pics when I get it finished

Kev
what tubs you using kev?
I just can't find any I'm happy with yet maybe I just need to stop bein tight and go for rubs lol

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts