Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this male Crestie as an Extreme Harlequin. This is him before he was put in his viv when i got him home....

He's not fired up in these pics. He tends to hide away until it's all dark, i haven't disturbed him except to spray the viv each night & to feed him his CGD. Tonight he was in a corner of the viv & is fired up (first time i've really seen him fired up). Here's a pic i took of him through the glass using a flash......

Could he possibly be a Halloween?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I would say no myself not orange enough, mine are very orange even when fired down.
I would not say it's an extreme either has to have 85% or more pattern on sides to be extreme. It's still a stunning crestie :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
My little Halloween :) Sooo hoping this is a little girl! :flrt:

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Possibly, hard to tell how much of the colour the flash has washed out as it doesnt look fully fired to me.

And as said above hes just a pretty harlequin not an extreme harlequin :)

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possibly, hard to tell how much of the colour the flash has washed out as it doesnt look fully fired to me.

And as said above hes just a pretty harlequin not an extreme harlequin :)

Thanks for that, i was sold him as an extreme but i'm still learning the morphs so thought i'd post up & ask :2thumb:. Either way he's a very handsome boy (need to double check that too). From this i take it my new female Charlie is just a Harlequin then as she has even less pattern on her sides than him :whistling2:.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Sorry I didn't reply to your PM about him, i've been getting over jetlag today -.-

I would say if he was counted as one he'd be a 'low end' as other people have said, he isn't overly orange or really that dark, it's still a nice looking crestie none the less.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I didn't reply to your PM about him, i've been getting over jetlag today -.-

I would say if he was counted as one he'd be a 'low end' as other people have said, he isn't overly orange or really that dark, it's still a nice looking crestie none the less.

Thanks Chris & no problem :2thumb:. I'll just call him a very nice Harlequin until he proves otherwise :whistling2:. Can't wait now to see what he will produce in a couple of years to the 2 females i have :2thumb:.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Thanks Chris & no problem :2thumb:. I'll just call him a very nice Harlequin until he proves otherwise :whistling2:. Can't wait now to see what he will produce in a couple of years to the 2 females i have :2thumb:.
Any ideas on age? It'll keep changing up until 6 months (by the pictures it's looks older but just incase) so it'll get darker etc.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any ideas on age? It'll keep changing up until 6 months (by the pictures it's looks older but just incase) so it'll get darker etc.

He's approx 5 months old. The new female is a similar age (have no hatch dates for these 2).

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
He's approx 5 months old. The new female is a similar age (have no hatch dates for these 2).
Then he may darken a little bit more but not very much.
Both my halloweenes are paler than that when fired down (the patterning tends to stay orange though) so he may only be partially fired up in those pictures but you never know unless you see different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts