Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says ,does anyone have any info how i can get hold of these.
please feel free to PM me with details of breeders

best regards
james

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
sorry but what is this animals your asking for??..did you mean chameleon jacksoni jacksoni?? if so...these will be tough to get in the u.k...hamm however reasonably easy...but be warned and prepared if you go this route most jackson chams you will find will be wild caught so you will risk the potental and high risk problems alot of chams have on import..ie dehydration, stress, worm infeststion ect ect... best to seek out a baby and go from there.or a long term captive ..i would avoid the fresh imports...let me know if this is the animals you ment?

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry but what is this animals your asking for??..did you mean chameleon jacksoni jacksoni?? if so...these will be tough to get in the u.k...hamm however reasonably easy...but be warned and prepared if you go this route most jackson chams you will find will be wild caught so you will risk the potental and high risk problems alot of chams have on import..ie dehydration, stress, worm infeststion ect ect... best to seek out a baby and go from there.or a long term captive ..i would avoid the fresh imports...let me know if this is the animals you ment?

yeah these are the ones. lol
im a snake person,its a freind that wants them really..
i have no ides how to source them or their prices.
any further info would be great.
best regards
james

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Im sure if you go back a week orso you will find some on here ;)

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive been through the last 15 pages and no jacksoni chams,
please if anyone gets any info please let me know

many thanks
james

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
hi , well here is some info on the 3 sub species...which one did she want to find?? the only place i have seen these readily available to be honest is the Hamm reptile show in germany.. where babies can be found as well as older ones too..( march the 13th is the next show)
i used to keep meru jacksons so know they can pop up occasionaly in th u.k but most will be wild caught in rep stores if they appear and i DO NOT recoment getting wild caught if possible,this is due to health problems that are quite common and difficult and possibly expensive to treat at times... but if its a long term captive .... this is normaly well aclimatized and ok..... some info to read...

The Jackson's Chameleon (Chamaeleo jacksonii) is a medium chameleon species originally from Kenya and Tanzania in East Africa. More recently, this species has been introduced and has established populations on most of the Hawaiian islands and some other areas. In its natural range, the Jackson's Chameleon lives in cool, humid mountain slopes with significant rainfall and vegetation.
Jackson's Chameleons are a mid-sized species, which are easily recognized by the three annulated horns of males like a Triceratops. There are three subspecies of Jackson's Chameleon: the Standard Jackson's Chameleon (Chamaeleo jacksonii jacksonii), the Mt. Kenya Yellow-crested Jackson's Chameleon (Chamaeleo jacksonii xantholophus), and the Mt. Meru or Dwarf Jackson's Chameleon (Chamaeleo jacksonii merumontanus).
The Standard Jackson's Chameleon (Chamaeleo jacksonii jacksonii) is the rarest subspecies in the US. They are from Kenya and reach a total length of approximately 10 inches. Males have three horns while females can have a single horn on the nose or three like the male.
The Mt. Kenya Yellow-crested Jackson's Chameleon (Chamaeleo jacksonii xantholophus) is the most common subspecies in the US. This subspecies is originally from Kenya but has been introduced to various places in the US, as previously mentioned. They can reach a total length of up to approximately 14 inches. Males have three horns while females typically have no horns but have been known to exhibit a single horn on the nose.
The Mt. Meru or Dwarf Jackson's Chameleon (Chamaeleo jacksonii merumontanus) is a fairly readily available subspecies but not as common as Ch. j. xantholophus. This subspecies is from Tanzania and reaches a total length of approximately 8 inches. The males have three long, narrow horns while the females have a single horn on the nose. This species typically has bright yellow crests

i have only ever seem jacksons on here once or twice in quite a while... pretty hard to come by ! try www.terraristick.com this is the advertizing area for the hamm reptile show...its in german but can be translated.:no1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts