Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone have had a few pms asking how my lovely Jag Aayla is getting on

for everyone else some of her story is here http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snakes/525598-sad-story-my-new-snake.html

id like to happily say she is getting on really well last week i moved her into a viv again as she has been kept in a rub her whole life and wont eat if shes in anything bigger!!!!!!!
but she has put on loads of weight and eating every week, she still will only eat mice....but defrosting them in with rats so hopfully soon she will be able to move up to them (she really needs too mice are not filling the whole lool)

so any way im sorry i didnt get pics of her before but she was painfully under weight, and here is her now in her first real home (although only took pic of her up her branch)

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy216/corrine-22/Aayla-1.jpg?t=1287530621

shes so beautiful and im so proud of her progress, hope you can see the pic had probs getting it up

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
Hey everyone have had a few pms asking how my lovely Jag Aayla is getting on

for everyone else some of her story is here http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snakes/525598-sad-story-my-new-snake.html

id like to happily say she is getting on really well last week i moved her into a viv again as she has been kept in a rub her whole life and wont eat if shes in anything bigger!!!!!!!
but she has put on loads of weight and eating every week, she still will only eat mice....but defrosting them in with rats so hopfully soon she will be able to move up to them (she really needs too mice are not filling the whole lool)

so any way im sorry i didnt get pics of her before but she was painfully under weight, and here is her now in her first real home (although only took pic of her up her branch)

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy216/corrine-22/Aayla-1.jpg?t=1287530621

shes so beautiful and im so proud of her progress, hope you can see the pic had probs getting it up
she's looking great.
good luck with the rats and well done:2thumb:

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Aww thats soo nice :2thumb:

Have you seen my JungleJag?
She has neurological problems from birth and was a slow feeder.
The breeders kept her on for a year and got her feeding well and gave her to me.
She was hatchling size then :gasp:

Had her a few months now and shes growing like a week and her problem is less common now. All I can say is shes doing well, and Im glad the breeders put their time into getting her to a stable state. Shes a fantastic snake :no1:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aww thats soo nice :2thumb:

Have you seen my JungleJag?
She has neurological problems from birth and was a slow feeder.
The breeders kept her on for a year and got her feeding well and gave her to me.
She was hatchling size then :gasp:

Had her a few months now and shes growing like a week and her problem is less common now. All I can say is shes doing well, and Im glad the breeders put their time into getting her to a stable state. Shes a fantastic snake :no1:
Awww thats really good, il look for the post now of yours. mine is down to my time put in to her she used to be quite aggressive aswel but now really calm and the same as you her neuro problems seem to be none existent now aswel :)

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Ahh she looks awesome!!

Glad to see such a massive improvement, u should be proud of yourself...and her!!!

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Awww thats really good, il look for the post now of yours. mine is down to my time put in to her she used to be quite aggressive aswel but now really calm and the same as you her neuro problems seem to be none existent now aswel :)
Can I ask what she was doing.
Mine does it once or twice during handling, but constant for a few mins when stressed a bit.
She looks up and then upside down followed by her falling over. She is supporting her self more and corrects herself before she falls now though
: victory:

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Everything should have it's best shot at life IMO...
Note to Joel.....
If ever they ask you to turn off the life support as there's no chance...
Don't listen...
I just might be taking the opportunity to get a bit of rest, and will perk up later...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can I ask what she was doing.
Mine does it once or twice during handling, but constant for a few mins when stressed a bit.
She looks up and then upside down followed by her falling over. She is supporting her self more and corrects herself before she falls now though
: victory:
yeah she was doing the same.....twisting her head round so her whole body was flipping over and shaking her head quite alot, star gazing. couldnt strike straight at food, but now she has none of these problems

as far as i know the place she was bred at, fed her once a month and she has always been kept in a small rub, so had none of her natural climbing instincts and no muscle condition at all, shes a completley different snake :no1:,

oh an i saw yours hun shes a gorgeous lil one well done :flrt:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looking good, well done : victory:
Thanks Terry, well its feeding night tomoz so i really hope she takes it, the last time she was in a tank she didnt eat for months (even after she got moved back in to her rub) so will take pics if she does eat, fingers crossed

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ahhhhhhh soooo happy she just ate her first ever meal eaten in a viv, i must be doing something right!!!! im soooo proud of her and im sooooo happpppppyyyyy :flrt:.......ok finished bouncing around the house now lol

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First time I seen this - absolutely fabulous!!! Very well done OP, she really is beautiful :2thumb:
thanks hun she is the same size as yours but wont eat anything bigger then a large mouse!!!! well 2 or 3 but she wont even strike if she smells rats, but i have been defrosting them with rats so hopefully some day soon she will give in to them lol

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
thanks hun she is the same size as yours but wont eat anything bigger then a large mouse!!!! well 2 or 3 but she wont even strike if she smells rats, but i have been defrosting them with rats so hopefully some day soon she will give in to them lol
My 2 were on 2 fuzzy mice each when I got them in March, I instantly moved them on to 2 adult mice as that's what I had available. Then it was on to large weaner rats - they are eating machines!!! Had no probs moving them onto rats - very lucky I suppose : victory:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
She looks lovely Corrine. Has she got an orangish eye or is it just the way the picture was taken? She really does look gorgeous though. Well done on getting her feeding.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She looks lovely Corrine. Has she got an orangish eye or is it just the way the picture was taken? She really does look gorgeous though. Well done on getting her feeding.
hey gary thanks hun as you saw from my fb i was very excited to see her eating now shes acctually in a viv and nope must be the cam she has silver ish eyes lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts